Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone
Hi. This looks like a nice forum from what I've seen so far. I came out to my sister two days ago, and so far she is the only person who knows. I thought I would see how it went (which was great by the way) but I'm not sure when I will feel like telling anyone else just yet, because I kind of went from feeling very happy just afterwards to feeling quite sad a day later.

I will try and get some pictures together soon for my profile.

Jonathan.

The thing is you probably felt relieved to be able to tell someone who received your news positively. The downfall of that being that now you've opened the box, you won't be able to put the secret back in again, so unless your sister is very discreet, you'll find that you need to tell other people. You should find that it gets easier as it goes along... Who are the next people you would like to inform?

Oh I know she is discreet about this. She asked me who she could tell and I know she respects that. I think it's only fair to tell mum and dad next but i dont know when that would be!

Quite honestly, I'd say, take your time... Tell them when you feel ready. It's nice to know that you have your sister's support in the meantime, don't you think? How did you tell her? Did she ask, or did you find the courage to say the words without her prompting?

Hello Jonathan and welcome to the forum. I think Gayspeak is a very very friendly forum, i hope you love it as much as we do and become a frequent member. Any help you want or any thought you have with the site dont hesitate to contact the admin Andy and the moderators Ashleo78, Shadow and myself.

Great your coming out to your sister went well. Dont worry about your feeling sad, it is normal to feel like this , it is too recent but it will settle down and feel a weight to lift up from your shoulders. Come out to people you want them to know when you feel ready , dont rush it but dont take too much time.Wink

I told her in a long e-mail where I came out to her, and told her a lot of things starting with how I have felt as a teenager through to when I was 21, both generally and in particular instances.

So are we really to believe that you're 32 as your profile says? Or are you younger? Something tells me there must have been something happening between the age of 21 and 32... wasn't there?

Yeah I am 32.

I was 21 when I kind of realised I liked guys very much because of the internet Wink early though it was. (I never got hards over pictures of naked girls, still don't.) I dealt wth this badly because I was very scared about family finding out and them being hurt. So I kept this to myself.

Hmm.. Pretty much the same thing i did. The biggest challenge i believe is to accept your own sexuality first and then tell them.

I don't recall ever having a problem accepting my sexuality. It has always been part of me since a little boy that I remember looking at, liking and fantasizing about other males, through school and later (still!). For me it was about feeling that I wasn't allowed to have what I needed, and also about waiting to see if it would go away if I put it out of my mind for a few months at a time.

It gets to the stage though where you're too long without a girl friend ever, so people start asking you. Friends have asked recently, and I've lied to them, even though I wanted to tell them yes. But family would have to come first.