Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi! from Wales
I'm probably the oldest gay guy on this site! After 15 years of celibacy, I've decided that life is too short and I want a bit of fun before I get too old. I'm 59 years old but look and act a lot younger.

In August I'm down going to Brighton for a week's holiday and plan to spend some time in its Gay Village area. I've never been part of the gay 'scene' so I'm a bit worried about my first time in a gay bar.

Should I wear my really classy brown leather jacket or is leather no longer a gay thing? I love smart leather clothes - and have no interest in the butch Bear thing.

Thanks for reading this, and I'd be really grateful for any advice.

Nimrod

hello NirmondXyxwave

Welcome to the site!

So you are going to have your first gay bar experience eh? Best of luck:biggrin:

hmmm the what to wear dilemma... brown leather jackets i ve notice are quite in fashion now. however although the weather isnt exactly sunny and warm it is summer so wear something lighter, would make you look fresher and more comfortable i think- it mustnt be very cold in Brighton now.
A little tip: A pair of jeans (not tight ones though...lol) or other kind of trousers with a well ironed white/black shirt is simple and nice. Shoes show someone's style.

Idea: Tell you what ...why dont you wear your clothes take pictures and we tell you what we think? Could be fun! Happy

Im from wales ^^
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Welcome to the site. Just to let you know, there isn't really a big gay life here where I live. There are some gays, but mostly whores. Not cool for me since I think whores who flaunt it are the scum of the earth.

Thanks for your advice and your kind welcome. I agree it'll probably be too warm for the leather jacket.
I've checked out gay bars on various websites and will go to one or two of the quieter ones. I know the chances of an older guy like me pulling with a beautiful Adonis are nil, but I'm looking forward to some gay company after avoiding any contact for ages.

Nimrod Wrote:Thanks for your advice and your kind welcome. I agree it'll probably be too warm for the leather jacket.
I've checked out gay bars on various websites and will go to one or two of the quieter ones. I know the chances of an older guy like me pulling with a beautiful Adonis are nil, but I'm looking forward to some gay company after avoiding any contact for ages.
Try to hide the fact that you are totally scared, laugh a lot, try to be yourself as much as you can Smile good luck

Nimrod Wrote:I'm probably the oldest gay guy on this site! After 15 years of celibacy, I've decided that life is too short and I want a bit of fun before I get too old. I'm 59 years old but look and act a lot younger.

In August I'm down going to Brighton for a week's holiday and plan to spend some time in its Gay Village area. I've never been part of the gay 'scene' so I'm a bit worried about my first time in a gay bar.

Should I wear my really classy brown leather jacket or is leather no longer a gay thing? I love smart leather clothes - and have no interest in the butch Bear thing.

Thanks for reading this, and I'd be really grateful for any advice.

Nimrod

OMG 15 Years how did you do it?

Hell, I'm done 5 before... It's actually really easy. Just put all thoughts in the back of your mind and make sure you always have something to do that doesn't make you think of doing anything.