Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi newbie from London
Hi, I'm Tom a 27 year guy living I'm London. I'm here to chat, support, make some new friends and maybe get a bit of advice myself. I've been in a hetero relationship for two years and sometimes I'm very happy in it; we're monogamous and have a pretty good fun relationship. But I have a bisexual past; I experimented a bit as a teen and had some great fun in my early 20s with guys, including one brief relationship. I decline to call myself "bisexual" because I try to resist labels but I guess I am - I'm physically and emotionally attracted to particular men and women. I don't dare tell anyone because in this part of London gays aren't exactly welcome. Don't get me wrong, it's not Uganda thank god but it's a taboo subject at best. I've been suppressing the gay desires for a while, particularly being in a straight relationship.

So just come here for some advice and talk freely. I think this might be the only place I can right now.

Hope you're all well. Cheers

welcome to the forum!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Welcome to GS. You'll definitely sort through some stuff here but make sure that's what you really are ready for. Take your time. Keep coming back. It's OK.

What do you mean by saying you are attracted to "particular men and women?"
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Hi Tom and Welcome to the forum.

I was somewhat like you when younger. Experimented in my teens, married and straight in my 20's and finally out as gay in my late 30's. I fought pretty hard to repress my gay side, much to the detriment of my health and mental well being.

My point is what your going through just now is not as unusual as you think.

ObW
X

Hi and welcome to gs
This is a great site for making friends, and to get help and support Smile

Welcome to GS

Hi Tom!! Welcome to GS... Oh London...

Hi Tom. Welcome to GS!

Hi and welcome to the forum Smile

Thanks for your replies.

Quote:What do you mean by saying you are attracted to "particular men and women?"

I'm not sure myself what I meant. I don't think 'particular' really means anything there, I'm not that picky. I think I'm more cautious or scared to - shall we say - sexually assess guys. I'll think a guy's attractive but I'll consciously be not checking him out, like I have to act extra-hetero and make a point of keeping eye contact lol