Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi there
I'm new here. I joined this site to find a space where I can connect with other LGBT folks.

I'm gay, I came out just 2 years ago. It's completely changed my life, I was married to a man and we're now separating, we've a small child as well.

Right now my life is starting to get a bit more settled but still working through the separation. I've got a wonderful amazing girlfriend. My daughter's dealing well so far with separation and my ex and I are finally starting to be on better terms, and sorting well through practical stuff.

When I came out I was totally alone, I had no real friends around and I live far from family (across the ocean), but I reached out to the lgbtq community here and now I I have a really amazing support system of friends.

I have a lot to be grateful in my life.

I'm just here looking for more connections with the LGBT community.

So... hi!

Hey [MENTION=24452]baristajedi[/MENTION] - welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing a bit about you Smile

Just so you know, until you reach 50 posts there's a random moderation 'feature' so some of your posts might take ages to appear, or not appear at all. Once you reach 50 posts this will stop. There's a section called word games where you can post loads of rubbish till you get to 50 if you want to.

Hope you enjoy your time here, it's a nice forum.

Ian
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

Hi Smile thanks for responding to my post, and thanks for letting me know about the 50 post thing.

just from lurking, everyone seems quite nice.

Welcome here. A jedi on caffeine sounds interesting!
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Welcome here. A jedi on caffeine sounds interesting!

Thanks Smile

Haha yep, barista by day jedi by night. Smile keeps things interesting.

Welcome to GS-- a place full of queering people.
生年不满百,
常怀千岁忧。
昼短苦夜长,
何不秉烛游。

Alvin Wrote:Welcome to GS-- a place full of queering people.

Hi and thanks for the welcome Smile

I realised only after posting that I'm like the only lady here on this site..... lol oops, I feel a bit silly but, maybe I'll stick around anyway?

baristajedi Wrote:Hi and thanks for the welcome Smile

I realised only after posting that I'm like the only lady here on this site..... lol oops, I feel a bit silly but, maybe I'll stick around anyway?

Why not? I am sure there are other gay women. Plus, you can share with us(men) your stories. I am more than happy to hear from you. Smile
生年不满百,
常怀千岁忧。
昼短苦夜长,
何不秉烛游。

Alvin Wrote:Why not? I am sure there are other gay women. Plus, you can share with us(men) your stories. I am more than happy to hear from you. Smile

Ok then maybe I'll stick around Smile happy to share... what do you dudes want to know? Smile Smile

I hope you stick around.

Maybe you could just tell us about your journey as a gay woman. When did you know you were gay?
Did you think marriage to a man would work for you? How did your husband respond to the news and the break-up? We have a couple (or more) gay men here in straight relationships (marriages, too) who have come out since marrying and now reconsidering. I can't imagine what it would be like.

You did say to ask, so I did.