Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiding your lifestyle?
The only thing stopping me following a gay lifestyle is the fact it seems everyone is scared of showing it (and the fact I can't find anyone!), its something that can only be displayed in your own home with curtains closed!

Its like my cousin is gay, no ones told me but my gaydar is amazing! but yeah he seems to hide the fact he's gay i just get really depressed over the idea of being gay and having the fear that people will hate you because of it!
Even family members get all shy over the subject, (damn good way to have fun) I was looking at a guest list and I said to my mum whos my cousin +guest and she changed the subject Laugh she was very nervous its great fun!!

Can you have a real life with someone of the same sex, or are you destined to be hiding in the house?

I dispensed with hiding years ago, life's too short.

I recommend getting a real life. It's not as if living in Northampton is as dangerous for gays as living in Iran or Jamaica ... at least I hope not, because I'm working with some N'pton musos in eleven days' time.

What exactly, Sharkie, would you like to display? And where? In your room? In the street? A lot of people just live as they are and don't have to display much of what goes on inside their heads... Do you mean things like having posters of your favourite hunk on the wall?

I'm just really talking about holding hands, kissing.
All that stuff straight people do in public.

CardShark Wrote:I'm just really talking about holding hands, kissing.
All that stuff straight people do in public.

Am I to understand, then, Sharkie, that if you could find the right person to do it with (and who WOULD do it) you would display signs of affection in the street, in public with him? You're right. It shouldn't get people's knickers in a twist because after all, other people do it... However, until we feel comfortable that we're not going to get mugged or even just sneered at, it's not going to make it very easy for us. On the other hand, if they were more used to it happening, maybe they'd just have to learn to deal with it (and take no notice).

Its not a easy question to answer, It would have to depend upon the situation and what kind of surroundings.
If I was pissed I believe I would Laugh.
Maybe if their wasn't many people around I would consider it, its not like everyone hates gay men is it, you would get wierd looks but nothing all that bad, you get wierd looks for having a straight snog in the middle of a public place!

I would feel comfortable kissing in public somewhere I am only going to be once Laugh, you know kiss then RUN like hell!

CardShark Wrote:Its not a easy question to answer, It would have to depend upon the situation and what kind of surroundings.
If I was pissed I believe I would Laugh.
Maybe if their wasn't many people around I would consider it, its not like everyone hates gay men is it, you would get wierd looks but nothing all that bad, you get wierd looks for having a straight snog in the middle of a public place!

I would feel comfortable kissing in public somewhere I am only going to be once Laugh, you know kiss then RUN like hell!

Wonder what would be running if you were kissing???? eh Rolleyes

It would be me trying to get a kiss off someone anyone Laugh!

reckon you couldn't get one without asking? or without it being reciprocated? Why's that?

Go to soho - you can do whatever the fuck you like there and nobody cares. Thats why I LOVE the place. As I walk onto old compton street I always break a huuuuge smile. (with the exception of the time I was stalked on there by the Jesus Army - that made me need chocolate - each to their own but don't force your religion on me!)