Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hinting to mate
Since I was 14/15 I have fancied one of my mates. He is now 26 and I am 25 however are a lot closer (more best mates) than when we were younger. Neither of us are out. I assume he is straight but has never had a GF. Pretty sure he's a virgin. Any advice on hints I could give him? He doesn't drink (and never has) so can't loosen him up through alcohol. It's been on my mind for a long time!

is there a reason why you can't be up front and honest?

Plying with alcohol would have been a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad move anyway.

Yeah, the alcohol is a bad idea. Once you have the desire to be in a relationship or to have sex, it's time to be honest about who you are. You have to do it sooner or later and it might as well be with the guy you call your best friend and someone you think might be in the closet like you. Let us know what you do.

Chipping in with agreement for the above. You guys are longstanding friends in you mid 20's. You have survived adolescence more or less together. If that isn't the basis for an honest conversation about your sexuality, what is?

Sit down with him. Have a cup of coffee or whatever and tell him that you want to talk about some stuff and you are bashful doing so. Ask him if he could help you sort it out and then spill the beans. It isn't easy but you will be incredibly relieved when it has been done. Now go for it. Good luck.
I bid NO Trump!

I really like the double entendre thread title.

Does he know you like guys? That's the place to start. Keep the part about liking him for a little bit later.

Just be honest with him. There's no reason why you should use hints to let him know or have him figure out for himself. He's an important person in your life, you want him to know -- just tell him. And don't use alcohol. That's a bad idea for situations like this.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:Just be honest with him. There's no reason why you should use hints to let him know or have him figure out for himself. He's an important person in your life, you want him to know -- just tell him. And don't use alcohol. That's a bad idea for situations like this.

Yep yep yep. I mean the whole gay thing might not go over well but it all just depends. Why would you want friends who wouldn't accept your sexuality or have the balls to deal with the fact that you like him.

Get it out in the open, all I can say is if a guy isn't emotionally mature enough to discuss feelings then do what is best for you and move on... hate to say it but there are better guys out there, even when you don't think so.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

well im pretty sure he's not blind so he knows you've never had a girlfriend either....so that leaves one option - your not into women ... im guessing your confession will not be the shock you think it will be , you don't have to tell him you like him in that way to start with , let him deal with the gay part first - you may be surprised to get a confession from him too if he's ready to come out