Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History
Today I found this docu on Youtube ... and I think it´´s very intresting...

If someone don´´t understand the german language ... tell me and I translate... its mixed german / english

The docu is about gay people in Nazi Germany / 3. Reich

But remember : This is not a fun or funny thread !

Gad Beck died

"Last gay Jewish Holocaust survivor dies"

What an amazing man he was. I visited Auschwitz June this year and I can imagine how brave he must of been in such a horrific place.

lizzielee Wrote:What an amazing man he was. I visited Auschwitz June this year and I can imagine how brave he must of been in such a horrific place.

Yes... and I think it was so important that he talked about his life. People who have survived and can talk about this times are so important. Anita Lasker-Walfisch ( survived Auschwitz as a member of the concentration camp orchestra ) is another very important person....

It is so important to remember all of this Horror.... and all the others like Cambodia, Rwanda and so on

I think I am lucky to have lived a life that has not had to personally live through such atrocities. My heart goes out to all people around the world who has had to suffer at the hands of others. If you havent been to Auschwitz I suggest you get there one day. It had a profound effect on me........something I will never forget...
Not only were the Jewish people killed but anyone who was suspected of being homosexual was killed as well as was gypsies and many others.

It was good to read that at least after all Beck had been through he had shared his last 35 years with someone.

I want to see Auschwitz one day... I live near Bergen-Belsen, Mittelbau Dora , KZ-Moringen ( In Moringen was a KZ for Juveniles ( inconceivably ! )
The Memorial for the Homosexual in Bergen Belsen is relative new... maybe 20 -25 years old

Its a very sobering thing when one really sits down and understands that "this actually happened" Its not just a collection of facts and stories you learned about in school, real people suffered unimaginable torments for how they were born.....The Holocaust has left a scar on humanity that will never heal quite fully.

Those who can not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

may he find in death those he knew in life and continue where the story took a breather

RIP

The holocaust , Auschwitz will always be remembered in our hearts for the intense pain that people went through.
By understanding and listening to survivors the world can learn from this unbelievable torment that took place and realise that the world needs less violence and more love.

In horror I find that many (how many I have no idea, but it is a growing trend) Americans do not believe that there were death camps or that millions were exterminated during WWII in the concentration camps.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_denial

For the record, these are also the same ones who believe that the lunar landings with human beings didn't take place either.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landin...y_theories

My horror surrounds the whole idea that people are so willing to forget history, thus leading us down a road where we will run a high chance of doing it again.

The terrible thing is that the WWII vets and survivors are all of a great age and will soon pass, then who will be able to say 'I saw it/I lived it'?