Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiv and useful links
Hi guys,
I spoke with a sexual health advisor today to seek some advice on this topic for the forum because I am aware that there is people of all different back grounds who are not as fortunate as myself in being in a community which may not have these educational links.. I am wanting to try to help members of this forum understand and be upto date with all relivant information which may help with any questions anyone may have about HIV/AIDS and found links to not only living with hiv but also being in a relationship with someone who is HIV+ whether it be both bodies or just one person.

http://www.tht.org.uk/myhiv

This link explains to people about information relating to living with HIV and the aspects of what goes with it.. It may be worth having a read even for negative people because the attitude of "it will never happen to me" is a very shallow view to have as we all think we wont get hit by a bus yet some people do and dont wake up so never think never...

http://www.aidsmap.com/

This site explains about various upto date information relating to medical information on treatments and latest news. I would like to ideally encourage everyone to just book mark these pages if possible and maybe once a month or once every three six months or year just return to these... There is of course people who cant do this i e on family computer if not dont worry as im sure this info will be on here for a long time and if u need the advice again either message me on here or alternatively send me a email to [email protected] and i will send you the links in strictest confidence..

I am going to join upto a group drop in session to meet other like minded people who have friends/family/partners affected by HIV to see what information i can find and discuss how people have coped on how their loved one/friend has been since they found out.. For the younger members in here i would advise your just starting your life as gay/lesbian/transgendered members so dont be scared to look up reasearch and just be mindful of information thats here as any information i can provide the forum with and the more people i can educate the better... If anyone has any questions they may want me to possibly raise on their behalf please let me know and i will try my best to find answers for....

Kindest regards

Aunty Zeon
Gayspeak Agony Aunt

it is important to know accurate infomation and basic details of all STI's and what is trending, anyone who is sexually active should get tested regularly.

Your health is one area that you can never be too paranoid

I agree with this just often find 99.9% of us go through life in all aspects saying never not when or what or if,,,, Me thinks its time to change our ways of thinking in life a little

Great post, Aunty - thanks. Thumbgrin