Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hmm... didnt see this coming.
so i didnt see this coming at all. but Im transgendered. I always thought that the reason i acted like a boy since my childhood, was because it foreshadowed me being a lesbian when i grew up. i thought it solved the questions but its really because im a boy in a girls body.

one night i was talking to my ex and i told her how i was feeling. i said i felt like i was in the wrong body and that i was out of place. i secretly pretended i was a boy all the time since i was a kid. she said im trans. she told me thats why me and my cousin caleb always connected and like the same things. we where and are best friends. its because i've always been a little boy like him. its like we where brothers.

i've always loved wearing his clothes an having short hair and being a boy. idk why it took me almost 16 years to figure this out but i finally did.
the problem is, my mom is against me looking like a boy so i havent had the guts to tell her. she was against me being a lesbian so this wont go so well.
idk how i would even try to.

also, my voice and my hair. i have a guyish hair cut now but i want it super short and if i ask my mom to get it cut like i want it shell tell me no because its a boys hair cut.
id have to explain and come out to her, im afriad to.
and my voice. idk how to make it deeper.
HELP???

You should tell your mom that it's the 21st century and it's time to stop subscribing to the hetero-normative.

As for your voice, there are certain supplements you can take to boost you testosterone levels and block your estrogen, none of which is really healthy for your hormonal balance (you don't want to break out in acne all over you back and face, do you?). Is it possible that you can be happy with your own body just the way it is now, and see passed your physicality? If you believe that you have a soul that is separate from your body, maybe it's possible for you to accept your physical limits and be happy and content without doing major costly changes to yourself,

We don't have many transgenders here, but there are ways they practice manipulating their voice, and there are actually some unconscious speech patterns which form gender connections in our mind. There are also surgical options, but voice training is what most of them do. Hormones won't work necessarily because the development of the larynx occurs fairly early in puberty and taking male hormones won't just lower your voice.

Deciding that you're transgender is a big step. Don't rush things, give yourself some time to read up on it and work it out for yourself.

http://community.pflag.org/page.aspx?pid=1301

PFLAG has some great resources you could read through.

(((ZombieSlayer)))

Zombieslayer... I'll call you Zombie.

Regards your mom; perhaps keeping a diary of how you feel and then giving it to her to read might give her some insight in to the way you think about yourself and how you regard your gender.

You've a bit of a while to go before your body stops growing and settles, although our bodies are growing and changing ever more to old age every day... you'll be somewhere around the middle of your second skelleton by now (Replaced gradually every ten years!), your blood cells will die and get replaced every two weeks, so lots of happenings there.

This is closeley related to something I picked up in your post, your wish to deepen your voice and someone elses information about suppliments etc. Please be careful here, don't take any medication without having spoken to a medical advisor and don't buy stuff from the net, you don't know what the hell is in it, what strength it is or what it will do. You might even find yourself buying Veterinary drugs... and only Leopards should change their spots!

Take care and good luck!

Story of my life, hey.

ZombieSlayer and SlipknotRIZZ,

I think you are both amazing for facing up to what is undoubtedly going to be a very hard path. May I wish you both strength, courage and patience to take one step at a time to make sure you end up in the place you want to be.

There seem to be plenty of websites offering advice for M to F voice training, but I have yet to find anything useful for F to M. In the meantime I found this short video strangely uplifting. I hope it's not too off-topic.

Big hugs to you both.

Respect to you guys xxx

This around the other way, I had the deepist voice in my class when I was 9 or 10, but now it has soften up quite alot, not sure how but maybe from deep down I changed my voice my self, more older I get the less deep my voise is strange really..

Dont know if thats help xx