Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobbies, collecting, crafts, free time activities?
Camping, hiking, kayaking, sailing, bird-watching, gardening, dancing, singing and playing traditional folk music, mostly Irish fiddle.

Quote:Hobbies... hmm ok.. well I have let some of mine slip the past month.. but I have promised myself to get my bum in gear.

Same, but it has been closer to years.

I used to do a lot of fishing rod crafting/building, making fishing rods from scratch and I have always wanted to get back into that.

Brewing beer is another thing I have let slide.

At the moment my hobbies include home improvements/renovating and my 2 fish tanks, a reef and a tropical tank. I'll be upsizing my Reef tank soon as my current Reef tanks is far to small to maintain and I am having a lot of trouble with discoloured water.

I got into ceramics when I was in high school....fell in love with it. Then it got too freeking expensive and most people stopped doing it, so all the ceramic shops I know of closed down long ago.

I also cook, sew, knit, and do other stuff.

Ive tried making collectable dolls, custom tote bags, and some other stuff to try and start a home business.
People say they LOVE what I make, but nobody buys any of it.

Im also a baker and have done it professionally before....for a chain store.
I do bakery stuff at home sometimes, and people say they LOVE it, but again, nobody wants to fork out any money. And no, I dont do it all for free. I make a few poeple Bday cakes once in a while, but thats about it.

I wish I had the money, Id also love to make gothic and nature furniture. Ive always thought that would be fun.

As of right now, all Im doing is totes. I made some for Cmas presents cause I didnt have much money this year. One friend loved hers so much, she told me it is a hell of a lot better than the Juicy Couture tote she was saving up to get! Now all of her friends want one, all of the women she works with want one. So maybe I might make a couple bucks off them.

Let's see........ listening to/writing/playing music (and collecting sheet music). Especially at church, when I get paid for it Smile I have an Allen organ and piano at home that I'm sure my family is sick of hearing. I like to rearrange songs to make them more interesting. I'm also into fish (catching, cooking, eating, and having as pets), reading, hiking/biking, and fencing.

This semester was pretty hectic so it was mainly playing the piano to unwind and running.

Right now I have a wood working/refinishing project of an old clothes armoire that I started but had to put on hold because of school. I'm turning it into book storage. :biggrin: So far I've added shelves to one side for books (the other side already has shelves and a drawer) and now I need to sand the entire piece and then stain it. Learned things from my grandfather and he's given me a bunch of his tools and saws, and taught me how to stain.

So other stuff would be writing poetry and music, playing the piano (classical and jazz/blues). I run, cycle, play basketball, and tennis. I like to cook and grill, and try different recipes.

Mostly I play video games & go shopping. Sometimes I cook if I'm in the mood and occasionally (if I have the spare $) I drive out to old abandoned towns in the area. I like looking at the old stores & stuff but mostly I enjoy the alone time.

I'm a bit like Mr.Tinkles, and have been into similar things.

This is some copper work I used to do years ago. I did a lot of historical buildings, house names etc., and sold them in craft shops at The Rocks, a tourist area in Sydney. I only have a few bad examples left.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I like to take walks around the local area (depending on where I'm at), I play a lot of video games, I like to watch shows every now and then and when I do i usually watch seasons at a time. I like to travel and explore new places as much as I can, but I'm usually prevented by my need for other bodies to join me and my lack of said company. When the weather is right, I like to swim in the ocean and take pictures of fish and colorful coral formations. I like to take pictures in general, nothing fancy, I find capturing random moments to be fun and interesting. Each photo tells a story, whether it be a true story or something you came up with just by looking at the scene. I find enjoyment in capturing moments of all sorts and I feel photos are perfect. Video is too specific and hard to play with my imagination. I like to write about anything. Sometimes I'll write stories, sometimes I'll write whats on my mind or what went on that day, and sometimes I just write to write, which can include anything. I enjoy listening to music but I'm usually doing something that requires some background noise just to drown out the odd silence. I'd like to find other hobbies to get into that don't necessarily require other people. I'd like to find something to do on my own when I'm stuck in my room.

Okay, get the list maker ready LOL.
Reading, cooking, video games, riding horses, gardening, hunting, fishing, models, target shooting, reloading, listening to music, writing fiction, camping, swimming, wine making, coin and precious metal collecting, tanning hides, leather crafts, bead work, carpentry, boat building.

Whatever I am in the mood for and, have time to do.

Hmm. Things I like to do include hiking, camping, hunting, fishing sitting under a tree listening to the tree talk - you know nature stuff. I pretty much stopped doing all of that a few years ago after I blew the disk in my neck.

I do a lot of reading on many subjects, not just fiction and write a bit.

I garden and raise a bunch of produce, I can and dry and freeze food. Have a (one) bonsi tree I have been a tender of for oh 13 years now.

I raise and watch koi fish. I have 4 koi ponds and more koi for another pond, I just need to get out there and start digging... LOL

I used to built simple furniture and other wood-craft stuff. Wood is too expensive and I no longer have the 'scraps' from clients to work with.

I have tried various things, such as using pine needles to make simple baskets (with heavy thread). Pottery, leather crafting.

I like to design stuff, I have about 100 house designs for 'green' construction, I have a few ideas for solar systems that include both Photovoltaic and water heating in one system.

When I had the 66 Mustang I spent a lot of time working on that, replaced the whole interior, replaced body parts. Replaced the wiring, and worked on the engine. I Sold it a few years ago for $11K - considering I bought it for $500 dollars I think I did well.