Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hola, everybody!
So these introductions are always a little stiff for me- it's like on the first day of the semester where the instructor tells you to think of three adjectives to describe yourself lol.

Anyway, hello everyone! You all can call me Alicia, it's a nickname of mine. I'm a 21 year old Dominican young lady. I am still in the closet because I feel like my family would explode since they're hardcore Catholic Republicans. I do want to come out one day, but I'm waiting for the right moment, and am slowly testing the waters as I have come out to just two cousins and one friend at the moment.

I love to talk (as you can tell, I ramble a lot) and listen. I also adore to read classic literature (which has turned me into a hopeless, Shakespearean romantic), try foreign food, and listen/watch music/movies from around the world.

I would love to get to know you all and hopefully we can create a strong friendship. If you would like to know more, just ask Smile

Welcome! Wavey

hi there and welcome.............Bee

welcome to gayspeak

outing your self:
sounds like your ok taking your time, most start with a close friend and or affirming family member(s).

Sad about your Catholic family. How can the family you live with for 20+years not know you are gay. You need to keep this in mind how much denial and dont care this takes so please put a limit on love for your parents when it diminishes your own self love.

Hello! Welcome to the forum! Smile

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! Smile

pellaz Wrote:Sad about your Catholic family. How can the family you live with for 20+years not know you are gay. You need to keep this in mind how much denial and dont care this takes so please put a limit on love for your parents when it diminishes your own self love.

I think my father and sister suspect. If my mother does, she's never made any indication. My sister one day just blurted randomly at a lunch between each other "Do you even like boys?!" And obviously being taken aback, and not ready to come out to my sister (especially after how uncomfortable that made me), I answered with "Just because I don't throw myself at everyone doesn't mean I don't like anyone" and kept it very gender neutral, which was kind of a mean answer, but I panicked.

welcome , hi ^_^

Hi welcome to the forum. Smile

Hiya Alicia, welcome to GS. =]

I dont judge but ppl judge me alote in my smalltown