Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holding hands... Whats your opinon?
Hi All,
I know alot of people who go on about how offensive it is for two men to hold hands and they dont do it with their partners bvecause it is rubbing peoples faces in but then whats the point to gay pride and showing affection??? Of course i dont mindf holding hands in public but i object to any couple snogging thats just wrong in public....

Whats your opinons

I am and always have been against public displays of affection. Im generally a reserved person, gay straight, whatever... theres a time and place for everything.

i dont really care what people think of me holding hands in public, i dont believe its anything to do with gay pride for me either - its just been normal, straight people do it if there in love so why cant i, as for kissing in public then follow the same rules as straight people too - full on tongue action is not really acceptable in the supermarket for straight or gay Smile but a quick kiss as a show of affection shouldnt wind anyone up - the moral majority fools hate life and are always looking out to cast judgment on anything so we prob wont every be acceptable to those types anyway

I once dated a guy who would let me hold his hand in public but he told me he didn't like it.

I think holding hands and kissing in public is sweet as long as the kiss isn't too hot and heavy. Roflmao

I don't mind witnessing hand-holding or sweet kisses but the heavy stuff I really don't want to see, het or homo.

Personally, I'm just experiencing this issue and we tend to do the shoulder-shoulder touching when we take our walks in the park. I'm just not quite there yet with hand-holding and PDA. Within the group of our mix of het and homo friends, we feel very comfortable holding hands or an arm across the other's shoulder but anything more than that, no.

I don't like holding hands... public or not. I hate to be touched, cuddled....whatever. If someone touch me without permission I become very angry... I never shake hands ...
If I go to the hairdresser its a torture for me because I can´t do nothing against being touched.... and "Don´t touch me" are the most used words if I go out....

LOL...this subject and me go way back......:biggrin:

When I was 21 my boyfriend took me to the first Gay Day at Great America where they closed the park and only gay people rented the park. He wanted to hold my hand and I didnt' like it at all so he found another guy and held his hand instead...he got mad at me because I wasn't jealous:biggrin: ...not a great night for us as a couple but for me... I had alot of fun on the roller coasters and socializing with all of the people.

When I bartended in a gay bar for 20 years I used to want to claw my eyes out when guys would do the tongue dance for hours in front of me...it is the same with straight people except I want to claw my eyes out AND barf:biggrin:....

My current lover...err...quite the territorial boy when we met. Not really jealous which was good but very determined to stake his territory and it was a compulsive and instinctive thing so I was OK with it but it was funny sometimes. He wanted to hold my hand 24/7 and he was very dominant about it when there were other gay guys around. I was uncomfortable about it alot but I gave him that one and just dealt with it until it didn't bother me anymore.

The bad thing that required a bit of compromise...he knew I had to flirt and he was cool with it and not at all jealous but again he was territorial when he came into the club and he needed to let everyone know we were lovers. I was embarrassed when he would insist on kissing me for five minutes and I finally had to wean him off of it and let him know that I wanted to claw my eyes out when I saw other people doing that and it was really uncomfortable for me.

I'm preeeety sure i'd be a hand holder if i had a boyfriend.

I'm fine with other people doing it also.

As for snogging in public; NO.
A peck's fine. Hugs are also, fine.
Sharing the remnants of your last meal in public? Unless you want me to put MY last meal on public display, NO THANKS.

I remember a couple going at it in my local Sainsburys in the drinks aisle:
"*Chwop, chwop, chwop, Grunt, giggle, various other pleasure noises*"
Seriously.
GET. A. ROOM.Rolleyes
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

To me, guys holding hands or kissing in public is sexy.

Same with hugging or kissing. Why do you care...