Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holiday Help
OK so me and a straight friend want to go on holiday for a week to an all inclusive place. We looking for very gay friendly and a place thats hot! I looked on Thompson for places and they have a whole are dedicated to gay exclusive and gay friendly holidays.

Is there somewhere you went and enjoyed that if you met a guy and kissed him you wouldn't be arrested killed or beaten??

Please help!

Well, if one is wishing to go some hot resort area that is gay friendly in my "neck" of the woods, you go to one of two places:

Hawaii or Maiami-natural beauty, great gay bars, exclucive gay B & B's and beaches, can't go wrong with either.

Out of my area: I would say Sydney, Australia would be the next biggest draw.

Though, there must be some great places on the Mediteranian, I cannot think of any big gay areas there. There must be something, perhaps in the South of France.

Oh, oh, oh, Rio, Brazil would be good too. Nummy boys there.

Are you familiar with the LOGO network Alba? If not...it is a Gay Channel/Network here and one of the shows they have is the Gay Travel Show....I don't think I have enough posts to be allowed to link to the website but if you go to LOGO TV you can find the shows and places they have been and watch the videos...lots of cool places they have reviewed.

Cheers!

Hmm i bookmarked that LOGO place and had a quick look, will investigate more as soon as i get a spare min Big Grin Thanks guys.

Any more?

Closer to home there's Ibiza but if you go, stay somewhere very near to Ibiza town (Figueretes?) or in Ibiza town itself. It's a beautiful old Mediterranean town, fabulous scenery (hire a car if poss) and the clubs in Ibiza and the gay beach near Las Salinas will blow you away! You can really be yourself in Ibiza town as a gay man and it buzzes at night. But if you want to get away from the crowds that's no problem either. Have a look on Flickr for some photos to give you an idea how beautiful it is. If you go there this year, you'll certainly go again. Formentera is only 1 hour away by boat and makes a good 2 centre holiday - it is very quiet after Ibiza and has amazing beaches. Take plenty of high factor suncream and leave you swimsuits at home! You don't need a car so much if you stay in Ibiza town but you could hire one just for a couple of days to see the out-of-the-way places.

peterinmalaga Wrote:Closer to home there's Ibiza but if you go, stay somewhere very near to Ibiza town (Figueretes?) or in Ibiza town itself. It's a beautiful old Mediterranean town, fabulous scenery (hire a car if poss) and the clubs in Ibiza and the gay beach near Las Salinas will blow you away! You can really be yourself in Ibiza town as a gay man and it buzzes at night. But if you want to get away from the crowds that's no problem either. Have a look on Flickr for some photos to give you an idea how beautiful it is. If you go there this year, you'll certainly go again. Formentera is only 1 hour away by boat and makes a good 2 centre holiday - it is very quiet after Ibiza and has amazing beaches. Take plenty of high factor suncream and leave you swimsuits at home! You don't need a car so much if you stay in Ibiza town but you could hire one just for a couple of days to see the out-of-the-way places.

Wow sounds good!! Im sure Thompson do a package to there r close enough! They have an exclusively gay hotel etc.... its somewhere where i could site see and party!!

We looking at Cyprus for its beauty etc..... any one been or know any highlights in Cyprus?

The place for the young straight crowd in Cyprus is Ayanappa (may have spelled it wrong??). It would be C.R.A.P. for a gay man. Plus the Greeks have a weird attitude to gay men - a lot of them have gay sex but they pretend they don't. Cyprus is a LOOOOONG island and is divided in half by the Greek/Turkish split, so it's even longer in fact. This makes travelling very time consuming. Have you looked at Mykonos? Or is it Mikonos? I like smallish islands because you get much more coastline for you money, so more beaches, more quaint little harbours etc. And you don't want to go anywhere too far from the coast in July and August - too hot. With big islands, you lose the feeling of being on an island at all. Sitges on mainland Spain is very gay-friendly and so is Grand Canary (one of the Canary islands). I reckon I've been pretty well everywhere in Europe and Ibiza is best for a gay-friendly holiday. For a romantic holiday Venice is fantastic but there's no gay scene: Italian men are the sexiest anywhere however. But Spanish men come a close second - no pun intended.

Just my tuppence worth..

There are holiday destinations which are 'gay-friendly' but are not really 'gay'. What I mean by that is you can go there as a gay couple and have no problems, double rooms, romantic meals, etc. however there may be no gay bars, the great majority of other visitors will be straight, at best you might happen to bump into another gay couple while you are there. That is all me and my other half are looking for from the gay side of a holiday destination. On the other hand, you might be looking for some gay bars to go to, the fact there will be other gay lads around, etc. My advice, know what it actually is you are looking for, and check you will actually get that in the resort you choose, not merely the brochure lulled you into assuming that you would.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.