Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holiday !! :biggrin:
Oh I know Wink - you needn't think I'm going to let you nip at my heels just 'coz I'm unable to get to a computer ... muahahahahaaaaaaaaar.

Joking babe ... sounds like Wouldlikemuscle is on the way to building some SERIOUS muscle - you workin' out ?? Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

shadow Wrote:Oh I know Wink - you needn't think I'm going to let you nip at my heels just 'coz I'm unable to get to a computer ... muahahahahaaaaaaaaar.

Joking babe ... sounds like Wouldlikemuscle is on the way to building some SERIOUS muscle - you workin' out ?? Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I'd have to do some major post-whoring to catch up wit ya!! :tongue:

Aye... been working out since January... gone from 133lb / 13% bodyfat to 150lb 9.1% bf. Long term goal is to get to 200lb with <10% bf.

Cottage cheese and protein shakes are now daily delicacies (sp?) for me!!!

Just joined a new gym (LA Fitness - under the Pru Health deal), coz me old one (works one) was well under equipped.

Babe to say I now have 100,000 questions for you would NOT do it justice ... perhaps (if it's cool with you), you could share some information with me on MSN sometime ?

I am DESPERATE to shed bodyfat, but I really just don't know (and I'm ashamed to say it), how to go about doing it using a UK-based dietary regimen ... all my other sources are in the states, and it's difficult working out which brands of things to use and what have you ...

... only if you've the time and inclination of course Confusedmile:.

Thanks dude !!

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I wouldn't say I was knowledgeable about shedding the bodyfat... I've always been naturally skinny... although no six pack to show for it! lol.
I'm an ectomorph... which what I once thought was a good thing is now a very bad thing when trying to put ON weight!!

I've just kept to a clean(ish) diet and am going to the gym regular. I don't do any cardio really... although work is quite physical and I play squash for 45 mins once every 2 weeks. The bf drop just seemed to happen. But feel free to ask as many of those 100k+ questions and I'll answer what I can.

I'm actually finding bulking on a clean diet a nightmare... I can eat until gagging point, literally, and still struggle to put weight on!

Try a couple of bodybuilding forums too if you're not already... bodybuilding.com and musclemecca.co.uk are the two I'm signed up to although I do spend most of my time in the 'misc' sections on both! I'm wouldlikemuscle on them too so will be easy to find Wink

SWEET !!

Thanks babe ...

I'm the same as you - I always struggled to put weight on, but as I've gotten progressively nearer to turning 30, my metabolism has started to decline, meaning I'm no longer able to eat as much as I used to ...

I was doing fine - I've been going to the gym since I was 21, and I was very happy with my progress (although having a sweet tooth has been a bit of a hindrance for me over the years) ...

... then, however, my best mate (and gym partner) went away on secondment to London for 3 months, and so I got a personal trainer at the gym in a bid to put on 1 stone of muscle in 3 months, so naturally my trainer put me on protein powders and all sorts of other bits 'n bobs ... the end result of which was that I wasn't doing enough cardio to offset the calorie intake, and I started to bloat, which I HATED ... so I dropped the calories and upped the cardio which was no mean feat as I HATE cardio work in general (although I, like you, DO enjoy racket sports - badminton and squash mostly), so that, for me, was a real slog ...

... and now I'm kinda balancing the two - I do SOME cardio SOME of the time, and focus mainly on that which I enjoy - weights ... but I am SO desperate to drop my % bodyfat ... so you reckon just sensible eating plus moderate exercise and that's as good a start as any ?

So you've been working out since January and have managed to drop a good 4% bodyfat ? In a year ? That's pretty good going babe, considering you've not had to sacrifice your health - I would think it's possible to do crash-courses and what have you, but the risks are obviously greater ... so WELL DONE !!!!!

Post some pictures on your profile if ya like - I'd find it really interesting to keep tabs on your performance and see if I can get anywhere NEAR that good in that space of time Confusedmile:.

Thanks Bighug.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I do keep hearing the dreaded you wait a few years when it starts to slow down.. mainly from my Dad!!

Most people see cardio as the cardio machines at the gym. A good run outside, bike rides, sports are just as good... I too hate gym cardio.

Yes, I believe diet and cardio will shed the fat... gotta keep those fats and bad carbs down. (My last bf% caliper test was about 3 months ago... I actually think it may have gone up a touch... been a bit naughty with the food of late!)

My progress stats etc are on bb.com but sure, I can post some stuff up here too... I'm still pretty skinny... and my lifts are quite weak in comparison to most at the gym... but I'm improving.

Sweet dude !!

Yeah, please do !! :biggrin:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

2 pics are up - May and August. Although I haven't got any from back in Jan.

Cool !!!!! I shall check 'em out now :biggrin:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Great progress babe !!

Please do keep me posted !! You've got virtually nothing around your waist which is great - as in no love handles, no appreciable bodyfat, and that's where (in my experience certainly) it starts to amass first, so it looks like you're WELL on top of the game ... fair play :biggrin: x

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!