Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home
Is this about this site or something else?

On the something else front, I wish I knew. I have been in this house for about 24 years and am not yet settled.
I bid NO Trump!

Like Jimmy, I'm very sorry if my presence or my influence has in any way made someone who felt this place as 'home' now feel displaced.

JimmyEcho Wrote:I KNOW change is hard, and with new comers it becomes unfamiliar. (I've seen this happen before) But were all part of a community, And we still might have differences, but that makes us unique, and for good topics. Change happens in everyday life. HOWEVER I feel once you get to know some of the different personalities and start to feel at ease with Some of us, It just might start to feel like HOME again.
PLEASE, Give me, give us a chance.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Like Jimmy, I'm very sorry if my presence or my influence has in any way made someone who felt this place as 'home' now feel displaced.

Please don't take a post like Cardshark's personally, I'm sure he wasn't trying to make you or any of the new members feel badly.

From what I've seen, everyone here is enjoying your company.

I know I am.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

CellarDweller Wrote:Please don't take a post like Cardshark's personally, I'm sure he wasn't trying to make you or any of the new members feel badly.

From what I've seen, everyone here is enjoying your company.

I know I am.

I second that. I've only been here since last year,and lots of people that I know back then aren't here anymore,but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy my time with new people. Baer

I was very "meh" too after the big migration... I was a little worried too, cause I really enjoyed GS in this year and an half.
But there are many new guys here and the most of them seems nice person to me. Also I'm the kind of person who thinks that change could be interesting so...
In my opinion it's only 'a period', maybe, so probably you will be comfortable again, soon. ;-)

East Wrote:I like it a lot better now...I am here more now too which may or may not be a good thing.

The place had changed 360 before the last migration from when I first joined. People like Fenris and Azulai and Marshlander and Princealbert and Beaux and Bookworm and Genersis and Matty are the guys who were here and were interesting for me (there were a lot more as well...hard to remember everyone)...

Anyway...the site now feels a lot like it did back then ...

The personality of any site changes probably every six months...a lot like a bar really. You have your core regulars and people hanging around awhile and people coming and going all the time.

You know I love you East! Smile. I can only speak for myself, but I am still here....just not as vocal as I used to be. I still lurk and come out to comment occasionally, but I have to admit that I am having to adapt to all the new voices. Mdance2

Guys he doesn't mean GS haha He means his ACTUAL home. Like where he lives! Not the website.

End of the day he deals with the net for his job so I'm sure he knows websites change haha. My home seems to be work so no I don't miss that home! I do miss my bed :p
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Since I've been uprooted most of my life and didn't have a family so to speak, I've struggled with finding "home". I decided that it's in my heart and therefore home is wherever I go.

It takes a while to adjust to any new place, and I guess when we move the furniture around, it's all exciting, but that too takes some adjustment. Hope you find places to store your shit, Cardy...
In the meantime, Welcome back.

Since I am kind of the one responsible for the huge influx of refugees, I sincerely hope that we haven't disrupted your excellent community.