Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homophobia
What do you do to fight it?

As for me, the struggle is within, I never had a problem with gays in general only with effeminate looking men and transexuals, those who try to look more "female" than male. I have had a hard time figuring them out since I was a child and coupled with the already homophobic world, I was tossed to and fro like a wave to fear what is strange to me but now I have recently come into terms with this fear and am learning to deal with stuff that are not so familiar to me.

I don't do anything

I think the root issue here is not homophobia but dealing with people who are different. You deal with them respectfully and perhaps at a bit of distance. If you are around such a person routinely you will get used to them. Just try not to make a big deal of it.
I bid NO Trump!

I shouldn't say nothing really. Because there has been a few times on Youtube that I have commented back to assholes who post shit.
I try to be really mean in a descret way. Sometimes not so descret.
I like to try and make those people feel horrible. I don't bother with the obvious 12 year olds. But the guys who seem to be in their 20s, those I might reply back to. Though I shouldn't bother with them at all, since those people on YT are just trolls.

I don't comment because I got offended, I don't get offended by anything anymore.
I just have a troll inside me too so Tongue

I choose to be myself, and live my life as I see fit.

I've not experienced any directly; I have seen hateful things posted on the internet of course, but I realise that you can't reason with stupidity and ignorance and just ignore it and get on with my life.

Glad to hear you are dealing with and coming to terms with any prejudices you may have [MENTION=23556]knickerbuck[/MENTION], it's much less exhausting hating and instead just living and let live Smile

Yes it really is, I guess figuring things out was the exhausting part. I've always been the type of person who demanded explanations from things i can't fathom. I realized then that not all worlds are the same but you can coexist with each other. Smile

I fight homophobia by being out and proud.
My sexuality is not a dirty little secret and I see no reason to be ashamed of it.

I believe that showing the world that I'm just a normal dude, who happens to like dudes, is the best way to show that being gay is not a problem, disease, burden, joke or stereotypical.
I'm here, I'm queer and that's fine.

I piss people off by continuing to live my life and take very little notice of those who hate me for something that doesn't concern them. Those who don't get pissed off will just do the same and live their life without making issue with it.

LJay Wrote:I think the root issue here is not homophobia but dealing with people who are different. You deal with them respectfully and perhaps at a bit of distance. If you are around such a person routinely you will get used to them. Just try not to make a big deal of it.

Seems only fair to practice tolerance and acceptance before expecting the same in return.