Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homophobia in Vidoe Games
MoonLemon Wrote:League is generally good with that stuff...

Loads of games have gay options now, which is really uplifting. Mass Effect, Skyrim, Fable.. most of the big "choose your own destiny" games let your character be gay.

Yay for social progress Birthday-dancer

How. How do you Be gay in Skyrim? TEELLLLL MEEEEE O.O

Humeinator2 Wrote:How. How do you Be gay in Skyrim? TEELLLLL MEEEEE O.O

Here's a link to a guide on marriage in Skyrim: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Marriage

I married Ghorbash the Orc myself... Oh want a loving hunk Tongue
[Image: ghorbash_chest_by_swept_wing_racer-d5wnxo8.jpg]

I thought this thread was going to be about how homophobic slurs are very prominent in online gaming. League of Legends actually punishes offensive language, but the popular MMORPGs and FPSs rarely (if ever) do.

Cuddly Wrote:I thought this thread was going to be about how homophobic slurs are very prominent in online gaming. League of Legends actually punishes offensive language, but the popular MMORPGs and FPSs rarely (if ever) do.

League was the first game to implement such a comprehensive punishment system run by players on such a wide scale. For anyone who isn't familiar with League, after a player is reported by a number of other players for bad behavior they displayed in game, the case is sent to Tribunal where other players can log in and view the case, including chat logs of the reported games and other information before deciding whether to punish or pardon. I think it will largely be a model for future games, but it will really only make sense to put it into very large games with large, active communities. Smaller "games of the month" will likely remain unregulated in any meaningful way, and yes, "that's gay/you're a faggot" is still really, really common gamer trash talk.

The Sims came with my second computer... every family I made was all male... And they were all lovers. My little gay town.... Best decorated too cause I downloaded a hella player creations for that game.

I always thought Warcraft 3 was kinda gay, all of the peasants were male... Unlike Empire Earth which gives you both male and female.

Interesting thing I have noted with EE, the females tend to get into more trouble, or stop working than the males... I'm wondering if the AI is sexist. Wink

ggugcuuau Wrote:Here's a link to a guide on marriage in Skyrim: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Marriage

I married Ghorbash the Orc myself... Oh want a loving hunk Tongue
[Image: ghorbash_chest_by_swept_wing_racer-d5wnxo8.jpg]

Time to Catch My Khajit an Argonian >:3

BlueStar Wrote:The Sims actually have gay marriage Perverted-smiley. I don't play it anymore though, got bored.

Ah Sims... just like a soap opera, except more random and violent, and everything they say sounds funny lol

It is moving ahead but, I find it sad that they even need to put that up.

I doubt we will ever have respect and equality for everyone, ever.