Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homophobia isn't real
The title of this thread is actually true. A phobia is an irritation fear (like that of spiders not hatred). I've deiced and decreed that the correct term is now gaysist.

Thank you and goodnight

Phobia = fear, not hate.

And plenty who hate do so because they fear what gays will do them and their children and/or what God will do to them if we're around (Sodom anyone?), and we have been blamed for 9/11, Hurricane Katrina, etc. And that's extremely irrational (something nobody would deny if religion wasn't involved, which gives a pass to not be called bat shit crazy as long as you say it's your religious belief).

Great neologism there, Josh.... Gaysist.... I like it if it means hate against gays. As for being afraid of being gay or encountering or having to deal with homosexuals, I believe that fear does exist... therefore there are also homophobes, but maybe it doesn't apply to all the bible-thumping crowds, the politicians, the negationists, and ignorant yokels who think calling us names is all right.
I agree that this irrational fear can bring out some of that gaysist attitude.

I think some may actually fear gays.. I had friend in highschool who if you joked around with (say, touch his neck and say something gay) he'd run off screaming "eww fag!" (I kid you not). I think a lot of the time though, it isn't necessarily a fear, but an irrational hatred. :p.

Amen brotha.

Tyrion Wrote:I think some may actually fear gays.. I had friend in highschool who if you joked around with (say, touch his neck and say something gay) he'd run off screaming "eww fag!" (I kid you not). I think a lot of the time though, it isn't necessarily a fear, but an irrational hatred. :p.

I call people like that little bitches who need to man up u.u
Actually have done this before :p

Good one, Krupt... Thanks for reminding us of that word...

Tyrion Wrote:I think some may actually fear gays.. I had friend in highschool who if you joked around with (say, touch his neck and say something gay) he'd run off screaming "eww fag!" (I kid you not). I think a lot of the time though, it isn't necessarily a fear, but an irrational hatred. :p.

I'm met guys like this, there serious idiots, the kind that can't poke even the smallest amount of self-depricating humour at themselves, its sort of like "eugh your hand brushed my hand" grow the f#@! up you morons, kid begin with these in the oncoming genocide, there not gay, i wouldnt even call them straight as they cant get a girlfriend.

Partisan, let's hope these people will get their comeuppance from other sources than an organised genocide. I don't like all this talk about genocide... Those who are in a majority may well decide to get rid of any minority and it would be easier for them to get results. Let's advocate peace and understanding.

Well usage determines meaning so it's not really important to worry about the etymology of phobia (and if we wanted to be really nitpicky "homophobia" should mean fear of the same rather than fear of homosexuality). I personally prefer the term heterosexism.