Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homosexuality is NOT a sin, God does not hate gays
NOWHERE in the Bible does it indicate that God made homosexuality a sin!! He made his list of sins very clear.

What is does state is that "It is an abomination". But even that was stated by a human, not God.

"Abomination" does not mean "sin" or "sinful", it means:

"A thing that causes disgust or hatred."

And unfortunately that is true, it does..... to the intolerant haters in the world.

Sure, some human authors of some of the books in the Bible do condemn it...... but it does not state anywhere that God says it as a sin. It's not the Word of God, it's statements from human beings saying it's so. There's only One God.

The true Word of God regarding homosexuality as "a sin" would absolutely be seen as one of the Deadly Sins, and/or in the Ten Commandments if it was SO serious, SO wrong, but obviously it's trivial, not even seen as bad as stealing, lying, adultery, or "coveting" which are in the Ten. So it does not even rise to the seriousness of the offenses of the 7 Deadly Sins:

Lust
Gluttony
Pride
Envy
Avarice (greed)
Sloth
Wrath

He could have made eight had it been that important, that HUGE of a sin...... but he didn't even add it as a footnote to "Lust" !!
Do you even see Sodomy there??
NO!
That says a lot in terms of how absolutely insignificant it makes homosexuality as "a sin" (which it is not anyway), except in the eyes of the humans who have railed against it. There is not one indication that it is a sin in the eyes of God. Under Old Law or New.
It's only stupid humans who have parroted it daily since biblical times, misusing God as a puppet for their own means to propagate the lie and hatred, to control people.... and put words in God's mouth!!

So who is the sinner?

I does state that "They shall be put to death" and other threats of damnation, but these are obviously human threats and not from God, otherwise there would be a hell of a lot fewer humans on the face of the Earth!!
Or maybe God was lying, breaking his own Commandment? I don't think so..... it was just another scare tactic to keep people fearful.
What happened to "Thou Shalt Not Kill" ?
It doesn't say "Thou shalt not kill, unless they are homosexual".

Another reason that proves the threat "They shall be put to death" is a human statement...... because homosexuality is not listed as a Deadly Sin..... so no, humans made that statement up, the Commandments obviously ignored in the haze of their hatred.

And "They shall not know the Kingdom of Heaven" was an statement made by the same human being, to bring fear just as the others were designed to do, to keep people towing the holy line.

Given that homosexuality is not listed as a Deadly Sin or in the Ten Commandments, it makes absolute rational, logical sense that all of the threats and condemnations in the Bible are purely of human origin. They do not make sense in terms of what God is. Again...... God never indicated it a sin, so why would He make threats?

And while this is here, think about this:
"Wrath" is a Deadly Sin so in the fable about Sodom and Gomorrah God supposedly destroyed by "The Wrath of God". WHAT??? Is God is a hypocrite who won't even follow His own demands that humans are to follow?? It's okay for Him, but he'll KILL YOU if you step over the line?? (which again, also breaks one of the Ten Commandments "Thou Shalt Not Kill").

That entire story of Sodom and Gomorrah cannot be proven true anyway. Even if it was true, the addition of homosexuality as the cause for the destruction is completely unfounded. Yet another story created by humans to bolster their power through lies and to put the "fear of God" upon the people so they follow their human demands. Nothing controls people better than fear. And religions know that and have used it as a tool from the earliest days.

Dr. Jay Michaelson (gay scholar, teacher and author) places the story of Sodom in context with other Genesis stories regarding Abraham's hospitality to strangers, and argues that when other texts in the Hebrew Bible mention Sodom, they do so without commentary on homosexuality. More proof that that was added by humans.

Regardless, to this day no strongly verified sites for the cities have been found in that entire area where it supposedly happened.

And in the end it all contradicts what God is supposed to be anyway, an unconditionally loving God. How can he harbor so much hatred and anger, such evil, as to slaughter so many people with his Wrath, when he made Wrath a Deadly Sin, but not homosexuality.... yet supposedly slaughtered entire communities because of it??

You teach by example, not by being a hypocrite.

You can say one of the famous religious back-ups "My God is a vengeful God"....... if your "God" is such a hateful, vengeful, vindictive hypocrite....... you're praying to the wrong God, that sounds like Satan to me.

No one knows who these people were who wrote books of the Bible, what their intentions or ulterior motives were, what power-trip they might have been on, what they mental stability was.
So I take the Bible with a grain of salt, because it's clear that much of the Bible was written simply to put fear into people to give the Church power and control of others.
That is what religions do, they use fear to control people. And it's been made VERY clear that the church will lie and mislead followers to make them believe what they want them to believe.

Oh enough already with that utter BULLSHIT first prove that the bible was the word of god and then we can go on proving that he didn't hate gays... of course GOD doesn't hate gays, HOMOSEXUALITY was first coined in 1946 and the word "GAY" come from the French "gai" which was believed to be first used to define an overwhelming state of happiness. "Gay" in early 1920 has started to be used among homosexuals because they found that "homosexual" was too clinical. Therefore God cannot hates Gays nor Homosexual and all the nuances that came from them because those words were not part of the bible and did not exist... and further more Sodom and Gomorhe have not be proven to ever have existed. And that GOD, is the god of the JEWS, there was other gods, even during its time that I'm certain were not as human-like.

SPELL GOD in reverse and what do you get... YEAH! That's it you're worshipping your best friend.

Enough and start living for yourself, it's not from GOD that you need to worry about, you need to worry about those that can truly hurt you; emotionally, psychologically and physically. So can we once and for all stop that holy ghost nonsense and stop looking for its approbation.

I know one can argue with that simple logic... but if you want it complicate go ahead I'll make it so Smile - SO VERY GOOD POINT YOU GOT THERE BUT CAN WE JUST HAVE A RELIGIOUS BREAK Smile

Well...I have the "sin" of lust...and I am quite happy to have experienced it. I quite like lustWink I flirt with and am very familiar with both gluttony and sloth but am not a big fan of either....

Luckily...I am pagan and we don't have to worry about this business of "sin". My idea of God on good days looks like Chaka Khan.... and acts like Angela Davis. Most days I don't like to define God at all....

...but for all the people who find value in the scripture...I hope that your post sheds some light if they need it....

Jake Wrote:SPELL GOD in reverse and what do you get... YEAH! That's it you're worshipping your best friend.

LOL, OMG, Jakey baby, don't ever serve this one to Mom, OMFG she'll run you over with the Rolls hahahaha!

Can't be bothered to read all this now, need some iced coffee.

oh, yeah, welcome to the site I guess.

Alex Wrote:LOL, OMG, Jakey baby, don't ever serve this one to Mom, OMFG she'll run you over with the Rolls hahahaha!

That is if she can find the keys LOL

Please show me that The bible is anything other then an old book.
It doesn't matter what it says about homosexuality, since nutcases will use it to push whatever agenda they want it to push.

Its sad that they put so much emphasis on a book being factual, when it describes talking snakes, herbivorous carnivores, complex organisms from dirt, as well as a species born of generations of incest.

nice avatar~BUNNY

OP, you're preaching to the already converted.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams