Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homosexuality is NOT a sin, God does not hate gays
ChitChat Wrote:I don't believe it is bs. I believe it is true. However when deciphering its meaning and what part is factual and which is not I also beleive that it must first be understood at what time in human existence it was written. The way we in modern day interpret life and language is much different than in ancient times. If you were living then you might describe things that happen around you in the way you understand life in general and with the technology of your age. English was not even the language that it was orginally written in. People talked more in 'word pictures'. Its about relationship. Descriptions of the lives of some people and how they went from a fallen state of being and recovered from it. About struggles people endured and how those things made them feel and how they were able to deal with it. Simply change the circumstance of what they went through to your own and the same principles to deal with the balance of heart and mind exist. That is just my opinion.

Sorry Chitchat to burst your bubble, but go ahead and read the bible again. It doesn't matter in what time they were living i'm pretty sure that somewhere, somehow people were really appalled of the violence depicted in the bible or any other religious book. Yes, we may take it differently now since we have evolved and the reason why we have evolved is mostly based on the fact that some people didn't find it was right that everything end up with someone dying. One can say that the time was a reason, but as an historian, I came across texts from people that was questioning such violence as early as Julius Caesar era.

Well.

Allow me to pull my Demon, I mean D. Min (Doctorate of Ministry) out and correct you on a few things.

Abomination in the biblical sense are things that God is wholly and completely opposed to. Noah's Flood, was caused because the whole of creation (sans Noah) was an Abomination unto He who Sits upon the Crystal Throne Above the World.

God hates fags. Sorry if that upsets you, its in the bible. The punishment for faggotry is stoning, which is reserved for those who are appalling unto He Who Watches and Judges from On High.

Rest assured that you are not alone. God Also hates:

Those who eat pork, Shell Fish, and other unclean animals (aside from Muslims, Jews and the few who, like myself, take the old Covenant seriously, everyone is going to hell).

God also Hates divorce, so much so he even says I hate Divorce. (Malachi 2:16)

God Also hates:

Oh brother - please don't let me have to list them....

there is a link:

http://livingtheway.org/43things.html

43 things God hates...

Why on earth anyone would come to a gay forum to tell the gays that God ain't opposed to the gay is beyond me...

Do you have issues? If so why not spend the last 20+ years of your life talking to priests and bishops like some people I know (myself) and try to win them over to your point of view?

Lord knows I am exhausted from trying to covert them to better understanding of humanity.... Good luck with that... Mind you I wasted a good deal of my time and energy with both the Catholic and Episcopalian churches. The Anglicans are a bit more accepting... Not that they are better than the Catholics, they just know how to spin their PR a bit better to retain the laity...

Its all political, no clergy takes God seriously.

I always believed that it is good to have some sort of faith, whatever that might be. To be honest I don't really care what religion someone believes in, as long as it makes them happy. What I don't like about religion is how there is no respect to anything that is different, I wouldn't say religion but the people and I know its not everyone is like that. I think Mormon guys are really hot especially the ones that knock on your door. I used to invite them inside the house just so I can flirt with them lol, my older brother would give me this look like "oh here he goes again".

wow....so much misunderstanding...

ETOTE Wrote:wow....so much misunderstanding...

Really? In what way?

I was raised atheist, although my mom is pretty christian, dad sliced off the delusion out of me when I turned 9. It pissed off my mom, but I cannot disagree with my dad's logic so the god of the bible and Qu'ran I just can believe them both.

God. God is really a terrible person/being. He's fickle, changes his mind a lot. (In the book of Solomon, God actually regrets his choice of Saul as king. Wait? Omniscient being regrets something??). I'm going to flood you, send a plague, sentence my people to years of slavery, make them suffer in the desert... it was such a good idea to engineer human nature with vice and then hem rules and expect them to be perfect, and giving them this morality through an ancient, poorly translated text that can be interpreted 1000 ways. In fact, both god and the bible itself are extremely human. The bible has the qualities of all earthly literature, and the actions of the God of the Bible are extremely human-like. He feels emotion as we do, and has some of the same delusions as we do in his apparent "creation."

For those who place faith in this God, I was brought up Catholic and consistently told that the God of Christianity is a loving God. Jesus, in many ways, changed the rules. The God of the Old testament likes to flood the world. The God of the New is very peace, love, and salvation. There's a disconnect there, but whatever. I don't think these books describe the same God, his actions and attitude are SOOOOO different. Besides, christians love disregarding old testament rules. Leviticus quotes are very lackluster to me (because eating shrimp and sleeping with a man are equally shameful!)

According to what I've learned, God loves his creation (well, not really. But that what Catholic school says Tongue). There are so many ideas and sects of Christianity that disagree on the nature of homosexuality that it's very impossible to prove one thing or the other. Find support in those who accept your sexual orientation, and never put yourself above others because your beliefs differ. The little details are too shrouded in mistranslation, lies, and ancient culture.

Wow my head hurts... I've never really understood religion in its entirety, wether it states that it hates homosexuality or not isn't it the choice of the person of what they believe in their religion? Just because a religion states ssomething doesn't mean it is true or right/ false or wrong its what you do with the statements and quotes from that religion that matters. This is just my opinion, I'm sorry if I have offended anyone.
What do you guys think?

WolfEyes300 Wrote:Wow my head hurts... I've never really understood religion in its entirety, wether it states that it hates homosexuality or not isn't it the choice of the person of what they believe in their religion? Just because a religion states ssomething doesn't mean it is true or right/ false or wrong its what you do with the statements and quotes from that religion that matters. This is just my opinion, I'm sorry if I have offended anyone.
What do you guys think?

As my dad would say, religion is for the feeble minded, they cannot accept that everything has an end and they've created those gods so they feel better about it.

WolfEyes300 Wrote:Wow my head hurts... I've never really understood religion in its entirety, wether it states that it hates homosexuality or not isn't it the choice of the person of what they believe in their religion? Just because a religion states ssomething doesn't mean it is true or right/ false or wrong its what you do with the statements and quotes from that religion that matters. This is just my opinion, I'm sorry if I have offended anyone.
What do you guys think?

While I do see the Bible as condemning homosexuality, I don't think that's why the Christians who cite it hate it, at least not most of them. That's because they happily ignore all the other things God hates (including shrimp), don't force women to cover their heads as St. Paul commands, or support slavery.

More importantly, many anti-gay Christians like to quote something Jesus said to show he "defined it as between a man and a woman" which strikes me as an assumption yet Jesus very clearly states immediately beside it that any divorce for anything other than cheating (and technically he said if a woman cheats, not sure if a woman could divorce a man for the same) then God did not recognize it and therefore any marriage after was adultery and a sin in the eyes of God. That is God does not recognize it, furthermore if you're divorced and remarry for any other reason then your sexual union and marriage is just as sinful as a homosexual one. Yet you don't see the same Christians amending their state constitutions to disallow any sort of gay marriage also trying to curb the rampant divorce with constitutional amendments, do you?

It makes me think that they pick and choose from their Bible to justify their bigotry rather than they get their bigotry from the Bible.

In any case, society really does need to purge the "it's my religion, therefore I get a free pass to be as hateful as I want." And while they're at it stop treating "finding Jesus" as some sort of "get out of jail free" card.

That's what I think, since you asked.