Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Homosexuality is wrong because...
men and women were made one for each other and homosexuality makes human race progress impossible."

if something, eg. a friend of yours, tells you that, how would u answer?

here it comes one of traditional drocko's paragraphs

I seriously don't think heterosexual model (mean that the man was made for the woman and vice versa) is true. I think homos naturally existed all along human race history (o course as well as in many other animal species) and some circumstances and factors through history caused that bad image, one of that things, of course, is religion. It was brutally covered and tried to be erased. I also think that, at birth, everyone has sort of a homosexual potential (some totally homo and some totally hetero), and it depends on environment to develop it or not.

Well, its a complicated subject, thats for sure. In terms of history, homosexuality has been around since the earliest civilizations. The Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans were all aware of homosexuality. I mean, even some of the greatest men in history had gay experiences: Alexander the Great, Caesar, Augustus (I use these examples since I am more familiar with them). Anyway, in our modern day world, I sometimes wonder why there is such a huge controversy. After all, the world is becoming over populated and it seems to me that if everyone was heterosexual we would be even more populated, which is not a good thing. To me, homosexuality is a balance to the world. I think we should be thanked for not contributing to the overpopulation of the world.
I think that there is a paradox about the whole thing. If everyone was hetereosexual, we would completely destroy the earth through overpopulation, but if we were all homosexual, then we would not be able to carry on the species (except now with invitro-fertilization). Either way, most people don't see the larger picture and believe in some fanatical teachings that don't have any real authority. I mean if there is a god and he hates homosexuals, then why do we even exist.
Love is love, whether man-woman, man-man, woman-woman. Why can't we all just get along.
That's my two cents.

i know you don't believe in god, but i think HE made me gay. homohaters tell me that god doesn't love me anymore. why would he make me gay if didn't want me to be?

XRIMO Wrote:Well, its a complicated subject, thats for sure. In terms of history, homosexuality has been around since the earliest civilizations. The Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans were all aware of homosexuality. I mean, even some of the greatest men in history had gay experiences: Alexander the Great, Caesar, Augustus (I use these examples since I am more familiar with them). Anyway, in our modern day world, I sometimes wonder why there is such a huge controversy. After all, the world is becoming over populated and it seems to me that if everyone was heterosexual we would be even more populated, which is not a good thing. To me, homosexuality is a balance to the world. I think we should be thanked for not contributing to the overpopulation of the world.
I think that there is a paradox about the whole thing. If everyone was hetereosexual, we would completely destroy the earth through overpopulation, but if we were all homosexual, then we would not be able to carry on the species (except now with invitro-fertilization). Either way, most people don't see the larger picture and believe in some fanatical teachings that don't have any real authority. I mean if there is a god and he hates homosexuals, then why do we even exist.
Love is love, whether man-woman, man-man, woman-woman. Why can't we all just get along.
That's my two cents.

I couldn't put it any better myself... I do this to all kinds of people and they get pissed off when I say it... it's funny to see people walk off in a huff because they can't come up with a good counter point =D

XRIMO Wrote:Well, its a complicated subject, thats for sure. In terms of history, homosexuality has been around since the earliest civilizations. The Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans were all aware of homosexuality. I mean, even some of the greatest men in history had gay experiences: Alexander the Great, Caesar, Augustus (I use these examples since I am more familiar with them). Anyway, in our modern day world, I sometimes wonder why there is such a huge controversy. After all, the world is becoming over populated and it seems to me that if everyone was heterosexual we would be even more populated, which is not a good thing. To me, homosexuality is a balance to the world. I think we should be thanked for not contributing to the overpopulation of the world.
That's my two cents.
true dat!!! loljk i don't realy speak getto but i agree with you...

If I wasn't so bloody tired and since I have to be up early to proctor an exam tomorrow, I would write a lot more. I have spent a lot of time thinking about the subject and the different views and arguements that emerge. The one thing that really gets me is that goverments and religions will outlaw homosexuality, a form of love, but condone war, acts of violence and hatred. I mean, anyone who is more willing to send people to kill and die in war than to let two men or women be together is utterly insane.

I posted this in an earlier thread, but from a genetic point, it has been viewed to be a benefit.

Genetically, homosexuality gene which only affects males is attributed to the x chromosome which can only be passed by the mother. There has been some documentation that women who bare gay children are often much more fertile than ordinary females.

So, homosexuality can be viewed as mutation of a select group of genes that seems to occur w/ women that are very fertile which would aid in the promotion of the species overall.

My mom is like this. She got pregnant 8 (known) times before having me (now mind you she also had 7 miscarriages).

Thats why I say its a complicated subject. I mean there is a scientific point-of-view, a religious one, a moral one, a historical one, even a political one. Everyone has their opinions, mine are from a historical context with some opinions on the religious and political.

Aaah,

But the religious return with, god gave us rules and free choice to follow them. So he must be expecting you to fight against your urges. See, it's being gay that is the sin (so goes the line now) but acting on it!

Well, as soon as his priest can actually manage that trick, then I might at least roll the arguemnt over in my head a time or two. But since his most faithfull can't abide by his laws.....I'll just go my merry way.

Who knows...maybe being gay is something like an apendix or tonsils. We see it in almost every species. So perhaps they are right and it was necesary at a time in history when women had 10 or 12 kids and only a couple survived...so the gay gene was required. Or maybe it was something else in the past....or maybe it's been growing for some future need!

Maybe gays have a better tollerance for radiation or some kind of pesticide that will kill the heterosexuals off like flies. Or perhaps our same sex attraction allows us to harbor some other genes, or remove certain genes from the gene pool that would otherwise be passed on.

Whatever, who really cares. We are here and if the statistics can be believed there are about 600 million of us on the planet now and growing.Hell, redheads will be gone within the next couple of decades and blondes are right around the corner. So there must be a reason or we would have been weeded out long ago instead of increasing.

Perhaps for good tv and fashion ;-)

Oops,

I forgot to add that some researcher/scientist/genius ;-) a couple of years ago said that being gay was the pinnacle of human evolution. Eventually we would all be gay and then time for the planet to heal itself or the roaches to take over. That should make the religious nuttcakes scream!

I'm still amazed at how many of them still deny we exist! "It's never been scientifically proven".....ah? 600 million of us? That's like denying India exists because they've never been there. Talk about hold outs. I'm sure we're all sucking dick just to make them angry.

"HHmmm, how can I piss off some ignoramous in South Carolina today that I will never meet? I know, suck dick!"