Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Homosexuality is wrong because...
yay for being gay!!!

I think I'm going to try campaign for gay mirage to be legalized in nz. I'll get help from other groups around nz and try to get volunteering groups to help. I know that the local volunteering group will help cos I know the head of the group.

I'll need the go ahead from my youth group first.

dewlover269 Wrote:If animals in the wild display homosexual behaviors, doesn't that prove that gay behaviors are natural and of Gods' creation.Sperm

Generally speaking people that believe in God also believe that man is set apart from them, so while it might be part of God's creation for animals its different for man. Also they are more likely to simply disbelieve scientific evidence in humans that homosexuality is natural.

Geminight Wrote:And many kings in egypt were gay and only chose a queen whom they thought would be the right woman to bear the child, and these woman sought this as a great honor.

Choosing a wife who would be an appropriate mother to one's heir and/or diplomatically expedient has been the practice of Kings throughout the world and time, including all the straight ones. Sexual or romantic attraction was only important for mistresses / concubines.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

agreed the way i see it is if you don't like homosexuality dont be one! just like my FB group "if you don't like gay marriage then shut the fuck up and don't get one" hahahahaha i love pissing poeple off who are against homosexuality

Pissing them off, is that a water sport? Wink

no the pissing on them hahahahahahahaha

This friend sounds quite judgemental, they are very concerned on what is moral and what is not, which doesn't seem a very nice way for a friend to respond to another's behaviour/lifestyle/feelings/actions.

Who is to say what is right and wrong? Many ethical theorists have tried to find a framework within which to define these things; Immanual Kant theorised that in order to test of a behaviour/action is moral, we must imagine a world where everyone behaved this way. Only if such a world would be possible and sustainable is the course of action 'moral'.

So maybe this friend subscribes to Kant's theory; as they point out, homosexuality (or humanity as a whole) would not be possible if everyone was gay. But it is just that, a theory, and not a very good one, in my view- surely no course of action is right for every person, in every context. So, I am sure you could counter the friends argument with many other valid arguments on why homosexuality is morally right. Personally I prefer those theories which hold that which ever course of action brings the greatest happiness to the greatest number is the right one. And I doubt denying ones sexuality can bring much happiness!

Lilmy87 Wrote:...Personally I prefer those theories which hold that which ever course of action brings the greatest happiness to the greatest number is the right one ...
Did you really mean that, Lilmy? I'm sure that there could well be a majority of people in this world who would be quite happy if they never had to think about homosexuality, for example, and would be quite content to turn their heads while someone else dealt with the "problem".

Rolleyes

This question puzzles me when it is raised...

Could it be possible that Freddie Mercurys' homosexuality influenced his incredible talent and success..?

Would fashion, art, literature, music and architecture (among other things) exist as it does today without the influence of Homosexuality...

The positives for all mankind that derive from homosexuality are countless and yet people can still ask this question...

To me... the scientific, political and religious opinions are simply preposterous... The measure of worth is foremost the what we offer to our society...

My response to this question:-

Take everything that has ever been created or achieved through homosexual influence for the benefit of mankind and throw it in a bin... Then see how ridiculously preposterous your question is...

Sorry... Now I'm in a really bad mood now...

Xtra

I agree with X-tra, but I think my position is a little more fundamental. We are who we are partly as a result of our differences. Being different makes us interesting. Discussing things with people who have different ideas makes me think. Working with people who have different backgrounds, abilities and aspirations makes me more aware that I am not the centre of the universe. I think it also helps me appreciate that I can bring something to the table. I just don't have to expect everyone else to like it enough to eat it Wink

drocko17 Wrote:men and women were made one for each other and homosexuality makes human race progress impossible."

if something, eg. a friend of yours, tells you that, how would u answer?

I would answer,

"You're absolutely correct."