Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homosexuality
dfiant Wrote:I have read this question 3 times and i can honestly say this thought has never really crossed my mind. Such a deep thought from someone of your youth, and very thought provoking, I commend you for asking the question.

I don't know weather there was an actual plan. I mean you look at fish, the female spews eggs externally, they male spews his sperm and by pot luck the 2 come together in the waters and procreation against the odds occurs.

Fast forward millions of years the being that harbours ovaries developed a recepticle that contains the ovaries and can direct sperm from another being that has developed a protrusion to fit inside the recepticle. Penis's and vagina's just evolved to be suited to each other and increase the chances of fertilization and enhance the chances of procreation (Survival of the fittest).

On top of that to make putting the penis into the vagina for what we now know as copulation and element of pleasure was thrown in to increase the willingness to 'go through the motions' and ensure the survival of a species.

BUT the anus also has devolped to become a source of pleasure as well.

BUT BUT there are creatures that that can assume the roles of both genders.

BUT BUT BUT the human race has deveoped past the point where the survival of the fittest is relevant and in this day and age, sex is considered to be more of an expression of love rather than procreation to ensure the survival of the human race.

OMG there are so many variables when you start thinking about this that there can be no real answer, only theories.

I don't mean to post whore or change the subject but connot send im's yet because I am a newbie but I am trying to understand your picture.... Is that someone burning the american flag? I am not out for a fight but I do take offese to your pic if I am seeing it correctly.

There are proofs that homosexuality is natural. Genetics proof that it is not mutation and it's something we can't change. And also, scientist have found homosexuality in over 450 species so, the mother nature loves us Smile

I have never really thought about it. Confusedmile:

countyboy Wrote:I don't mean to post whore or change the subject but connot send im's yet because I am a newbie but I am trying to understand your picture.... Is that someone burning the american flag? I am not out for a fight but I do take offese to your pic if I am seeing it correctly.

It's for an American punk band called Anti-Flag:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Flag

God bless the USA for its 1A as well as 2A, eh? :tongue:

The notion that homosexuality evolved for population control is problematic. In Darwinian terms that would involve group selection, which is theoretically possible but conventionally discredited by modern biology. The problem is that say Gene X for population control is produced by a random mutation, what incentive is there for this gene to spread in the population under normal conditions?

As to the question of homosexuals not reproducing. Well from a gene-centric point of view that is not necessary because of kin selection. A gene doesn't have a 1 to 1 relationship to the phenotype, that is how it manifests itself. A gene which in one person produces homosexuality may have no effect in related kin. The gene itself, in terms of the idea of "selfish genes" popularized by Dawkins, will live on if it favours its own reproduction in other organisms even if it has a negative effect on the fitness of an individual. This explains the "gay uncle theory" in terms of kin selection.

Then we have the issue that exclusive homosexuality can be a product of our cultural conditions which would not have existed in prior human societies. This is not to say homosexual desire didn't exist, but people's attitude to their sexuality would have been substantially different. For example, the pre-Christian Romans did not thrown on a man sleeping with his slaves as long as he didn't bottom and as long as he managed to have a wife and impregnate her. So, many people with homosexual desire would continue to reproduce, and they do so today as well but probably to a lesser extent.

Then there is the possibility that the gene has other effects, which predominate and have selective benefits, such as female fecundity. This means that the sister and mother of a gay man would be carrying genes that make them more fit, more likely to reproduce successfully. And most of the gay man's brothers would likely also carry this gene that would subsequently make their daughters more fit. In this way the gay gene can be continued, especially under cultural conditions that favoured multiple children instead of the current trend in the West.