Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homosexuality
Clinical aspects
Its my belief system and i can not base my thoughts on any papers or theory but; homosexuality is built in to suppress over population. It is not working well tho. I am not sure new research; if successful, will be all good, where all it would take is acceptance.

Social issues
-homosexuality will change as society accepts us more. 4example look how different a gay man who grew up in the 70's compared to a man born early 90's. The gay population will increase too.
-What if in the next 5years they find a cure for the HIV. Will Africa stop persecuting its gay population? Will NAmerica have less need for gay marriage laws and we go back to the old ways Smile?

Not a lot of research has been done, people still quote Alfred Kinsey, and his work is like 1948-52 and is totally dead to me.

i have never really thought about it. but its one of the questions that i have. i guess that all i can do is read and study up.

jaxc Wrote:Well, as a wise man once said: "Homosexuality is God's way of ensuring the truly talented are bogged down by children":tongue:

Or the contrary, ... NOT bogged down by children... Wink But some of us gays go astray along that path... erm...Rolleyes

Aester Wrote:Have you asked Why there is homosexuality? It has been in my head for a time and would like to hear what you think. As all know that sex is meant to procreate, and making it pleasurable would convince you into it, but what is mother natures plan about homosexuality, as it always has been and will be? As it rewards nothing except the pleasure of sex without kids but nothing to our survival, yet how has it survived and what is its purpose? :confused:

Richard Dawkins has three theories about how it got passed on, if it is a gene... (he actually thinks that it may not have been a gene that was activated as such in previous living conditions).

dfiant Wrote:I have read this question 3 times and i can honestly say this thought has never really crossed my mind. Such a deep thought from someone of your youth, and very thought provoking, I commend you for asking the question.

I don't know weather there was an actual plan. I mean you look at fish, the female spews eggs externally, the male spews his sperm and by pot luck the 2 come together in the waters and procreation against the odds occurs.

Fast forward millions of years the being that harbours ovaries developed a receptacle that contains the ovaries and can direct sperm from another being that has developed a protrusion to fit inside the receptacle. Penises and vaginas just evolved to be suited to each other and increase the chances of fertilization and enhance the chances of procreation (Survival of the fittest).

On top of that to make putting the penis into the vagina for what we now know as copulation an element of pleasure was thrown in to increase the willingness to 'go through the motions' and ensure the survival of a species.

BUT the anus also has developed to become a source of pleasure as well.

BUT BUT there are creatures that that can assume the roles of both genders. (true, snails for instance)

BUT BUT BUT the human race has developed past the point where the survival of the fittest is relevant and in this day and age, sex is considered to be more of an expression of love rather than procreation to ensure the survival of the human race.

OMG there are so many variables when you start thinking about this that there can be no real answer, only theories.

Well, yes, this may be so, but it still remains the main vessel of human reproduction and conception....

GLBT studies was a minor of mine when I was in college and this was a frequent topic of conversation in classes and among the activists I was around then.

I think most of the major ideas on the topic have been talked about, but I favor Vonnegut's, myself:

Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five identifies seven human sexes in the fourth dimension required for reproduction including gay men, women over 65, and infants who died before their first birthday.

prince, that is an interesting clip. i wouldnt mind watching the whole thing.

Well the way I see it , the world needs gay people.We are like a fashion barometer,do great interior design,plan great parties etc

To me its just a way of nature saying hey you're breeding too much, there needs to be some type of system to make sure that you guys don't overpopulate and voula you have homos XD

I remember seeing this documentary called Homosexuality in the Animal Kingdom some years ago. (I think this is the one.) I don't know how you'd get hold of the whole thing, but it really clarified things for me. It certainly made me feel a lot less troubled about being homosexual. From memory, it does suggest some answers as to why animals might practice homosexual sex, and I think those things would hold true for humans as well, but I can't remember any of the specific arguments.

There are two things that really stuck in my mind.

The first was the fact that male Blue Dolphins mate for life with another male. They only have sex with the females (who swim in packs) during the mating season. If a male's partner dies, he either swims alone, or joins another pair, though he doesn't have sex with them.

The second thing was Bonobo Chimpanzees (the closest species genetically to humans). They are pansexual, which means basically anything goes. According to the dictionary: "not limited or inhibited in sexual choice with regard to gender or activity".

What I'd really like to see is a group of narrow-minded Christians sitting down and watching it at a congregation.