Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Near death experiences
MisterLove Wrote:I'm terrified of NDE's and death.

I'm a good person but somehow I believe I'm going to end up in hell.

That's probably the Catholic upbringing.

And I've found you confusing for awhile in that you say things how one has to have religion to know right from wrong, you can't make your own rules, and yet you have your own self-defined values which you show by describing casual hookups that the Catholic church would frown upon even if they were with women, let alone them being men and say you're a good person though the church disagrees. If you need the Catholic church to tell you how to be moral then how are you having sex with people at saunas and on beaches? Do you confess these "sins"? If not, I could definitely see why you'd be scared. If the Catholic church was speaking the truth then you should be.

I'd suggest finding another religion that's more gay friendly yet with all the vids you post of demons, even Harry Potter being evil, I suppose you'd think Hell would swallow you up if you did.

All I can say is I feel I dodged a bullet in being raised in the East Texas Bible Belt yet without being convinced gay-hating Christianity is truth (and thus fearing what you fear and worse, feelings that have driven at least some gays to self-hatred, despair, and suicide).

To me, the existence of God is not even an issue, it's as clear and obvious as 1+1=2. I simply do not believe that the Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls, the ocean and the dick of my black ex bf are just a random result of some atoms or molecules that somehow got together. We have liquid water, the most precious substance in the universe, literally falling from the sky: if that's not the greatest blessing imaginable, I don't know what is.

So yes, there is a higher intelligence ruling the universe and it is good, kind and generous.

The devil is a bit trickier, I'm not so sure about his existence. Sin is conceivable even if there's no devil but I have good reasons to believe that he does exist. I have witnessed a possible case of demonic possession (all the symptoms were there) and it wasn't pretty. Don't tell me that was the temporal lobe, the temporal lobe doesn't explain the mischief, the spitefulness and the aversion to crucifixes.

Hell is even trickier but I guess it's the price we have to pay for our free will. If we humans want freedom, we have to take the whole package, the good and the bad. No responsibility, no freedom - it's as simple as that.

Anyway, here's another fascinating case of NDE:

I don't think she believes in the temporal lobe, power of suggestion, etc. either.

Once in my life I've been close to death and I don't know how and why and what caused it, but I know that it's true about your life passing in front of your eyes. It's like movie flashbacks, you see the brightest events that has happened to you from childhood till present.

Since that I do believe in near death experiences and I think it's not necessary to look for a scientific explanation to everything.

MisterLove Wrote:I'm not so sure about his existence

The word of the God you worship says he's quite real, you can't believe in one but not the other..

2 Corinthians 11:14

And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

1 Peter 5:8

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

1 John 3:8

Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

Ephesians 6:11-12

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Hebrews 2:14

Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil,

Matthew 25:41

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

southbiochem Wrote:The word of the God you worship says he's quite real, you can't believe in one but not the other..

[...]

True but they also say we shouldn't mind the devil too much. Very good PR, if you ask me. Smile

The problem with the word of God is that it's so ambiguous, it's not always easy to distinguish what's sinful and what's acceptable.

Abortion is a good example of this. Catholics abhor it but so many people find it ok.

Going to the local gay beach and taking it up the ass like I did the past weekend is another example. We all agree that it's not the most spiritual thing to do but is it a (venial) sin?

I don't know, maybe Catholics are too obsessed with sin but it does make some sense. If God really is fair, then everything we do must be accounted for.

Trying to understand all the particulars and rules of a particular religion just seems so exhausting. When I was reading A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) I put a lot of energy in trying to keep track of all the names of the people and places and the history... until I realized that if I put that much energy into ACTUAL history, AKA, things that actually happened, then I might be able to become a fairly well informed person, and I wouldn't have to feel that pointless empty feeling when friends roll their eyes when I excitedly elucidate the particulars of the Martell's decades long feud with the Lanisters.

I started watching 3 minutes in hell until i realised its a 10 minute video and the guy said he had a message from god to make a video… really! He didnt even nearly die he claims to here messages from god and im guessing his god is allah (pigs be upon him) oops going to hell now.