Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horoscope compatibility?
Do you believe in that?

Can anyone be more compatible with you just for the day s/he was born?

I'm Taurus, but ironically the worst dudes I have met on this life were from signs supposed to be the most compatible with mine (Capricorn, Virgo) Biglaugh

And the best... Aquarius, Aries. (supposed to be the least compatible) Disoriented

What do you think?

idk.. but id be more interested in tarot cards than zodiac signs ..

Dont believe in the stuff myself Smile. I guess it could potentially make for good conversation though. I imaging it does have an effect on believers though, I have read some studies in the past for useing religion as medicine. Someone that BELEIVES they will be cured and BELEIVE they will be better soon can actually recover much quicker than someone that does not believe they will, based on the placebo effect. So I imagine if someone finds someone who was born at the correct time and believes in the stuff they may have a better chance of success simply because they believe they will.

One funny thing that comes up with this type of stuff for me is the Chinese zodiac, Im a snake, my moms a boar/pig depending. We are suppose to be mortal enemies Tongue yet she is my greatest confidant and the one person the world over who always has my back.

In the Chinese zodiac, I so happen to be a cock... lol, cock.

That's why I loooove it when people ask me my animal zodiac. I just shout out COCK! :biggrin:

In chinese zodiac I'm a Dog and I'm supposed to be 'lovely compatible' with a Rabbit, never met one yet. So I can't tell haha.

And yeah the placebo effect is well known nowadays. I may sound like a weirdo but I got a theory about magnetic fields and how it can affect someone emotions, I think that the config of the solar system can create magnetics fields that will influence in the development of animal cells (including people) and that will be translated as 'behavior' upon certain times of the year... Yeah I sounded mad Roflmao but I think it would be the most scientific way to try to explain it to me hahaha.

SilverBullet Wrote:Dont believe in the stuff myself Smile. I guess it could potentially make for good conversation though. I imaging it does have an effect on believers though, I have read some studies in the past for useing religion as medicine. Someone that BELEIVES they will be cured and BELEIVE they will be better soon can actually recover much quicker than someone that does not believe they will, based on the placebo effect. So I imagine if someone finds someone who was born at the correct time and believes in the stuff they may have a better chance of success simply because they believe they will.

One funny thing that comes up with this type of stuff for me is the Chinese zodiac, Im a snake, my moms a boar/pig depending. We are suppose to be mortal enemies Tongue yet she is my greatest confidant and the one person the world over who always has my back.
I thought horses were supposed to be the ones pigs don't get on with?

MisterLonely Wrote:In the Chinese zodiac, I so happen to be a cock... lol, cock.

That's why I loooove it when people ask me my animal zodiac. I just shout out COCK! :biggrin:

Hey I'm a cock too! Wink

I don't know that I believe in zodiac signs completely, but what the zodiac signs seem to categorize are types of people and types of behaviours or ways of thinking, which do exist. Whether this is influenced by the stars or cycles of years remains to be proved but what will surely happen is that there is a likelihood that two people will be either attracted by their complete opposites (Virgos to Pisces for example) or by people who resemble their characteristics (the assumed Taurus, Capricorn, Vigo triad, or the Scorpio, Cancer, Pisces triad), some being more down to earth, some being more of a dreamy nature.

It is quite possible that our moment of birth sets up the grounds on which our personalities will be built, but much in the same way that it is likely that our personal genes will dictate how we will turn out. Much like a seed, it will also be influenced by the soil in which it is sown and how well it is watered / nurtured.

The fact is you'd have to have a pretty refined reading of your personality and characteristics to see who else would be most suited to mating with you.

MisterLonely Wrote:In the Chinese zodiac, I so happen to be a cock... lol, cock.

I'm a fire rabbit. The Chinese system actually describes me far more then the normal one. I'd rather be a rabbit then an weird goat/fish thing (Capricorn). My partner in the other hand is a water dog, apparently we're compatible which is nice.

princealbertofb Wrote:I thought horses were supposed to be the ones pigs don't get on with?

"The Snake's best friends are Oxen or Roosters. Their mortal enemies are Pigs. To find out how other animal signs relate to the Snake, consult the list below."

http://www.ofesite.com/spirit/chinese/co.../snake.htm

Tongue nope our enemies are boar/pigs Tongue

however seems we like Cocks... figures