Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horoscopes
They are fun to read! whenever I jump on the Métro (subway) I am always handed a free newspaper and I just look at the back and read what my horoscope says. I dont think much of them, other than how it may apply to myself one day. lol I find horoscopes as food for thought more than anything else.

Magazine and newspaper horoscopes work on the principle that people only read them occasionally and only ever read their own. There are thus twelve vaguely similar predictions which never actually change, they just get shuffled around every day and because people only read them occasionally and usually only their own, nobody notices.

That's how the less formal system works. The more formal detailed charts drawn up by experienced astrologers are completely different; they don't work at all.

Oh, I thought you meant looking at the stars and making predictions based upon Astrophysical anomalies, in which produce various energies which afflict those on whom the particular energy is embued within, such as a Libra' s innate ability to make weighted judgements and see all possible outcomes.

Reading Silly Horoscopes from a Newspaper? No thanks Sis, I'd rather go see my Astromancer to see if she can read what I need to know. Astromancy

It sounds funny, but you'd be surprised the things that exist outside of the realm of "Normal" Smile

I read them but I don't believe them.

I occasionally read horoscopes for fun, but do not believe them a bit. This video is old, but a nice little demonstration.

If you want to talk astrology... first you have to clarify what system or tradition you choose. Pick any of them. Spend years studying if you like. I don't think there's even a grain of truth there.
  • Chinese astrology
  • Electional astrology
  • Horary astrology
  • Horoscopic astrology
  • Natal astrology
  • Indian astrology
  • Sidereal astrology
  • Sri Lankan Astrology (Sinhalese Astrology)
  • Western astrology
  • Tropical astrology
  • Agricultural astrology
  • Arab astrology
  • Persian astrology
  • Islamic astrology
  • Babylonian astrology
  • Burmese astrology
  • Celtic astrology
  • Egyptian astrology
  • Hellenistic astrology
  • Judicial astrology
  • Katarchic astrology
  • Mayan astrology
  • Medical astrology
  • Meteorological astrology
  • Mundane astrology
  • Nadi astrology
  • Political astrology
  • Tibetan astrology

LONDONER Wrote:No and no.

What he said

Geminize Wrote:I occasionally read horoscopes for fun, but do not believe them a bit. This video is old, but a nice little demonstration.

That just proves people are gullible, not that astrology is false. You could repeat this experiment without much to change with many established sciences, especially psychology. And experts get fooled all the time for both fun & profit but that doesn't invalidate their field.

I could share a story, too, but not in the mood...

Oh, and by the way, James Randi is a hoaxer, too. He "exposed" some fairy hoax with a hoax of his own, presumably to get name recognition, but how it was really faked was explained by one of those involved years later (and she laughed when she read how James Randi "exposed" her).

You're right, Pix. I didn't post the clip as proof that astrology is false. It's simply a demonstration of why some people believe in horoscopes and such. People can create vague readings which seem very accurate and personal.