Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horrible homophobic neighbour
Like it or not, you're going to have to stand up to him. Don't give in to his fear and intimidation. If you do that, you'll constantly be running, and he'll constantly be harassing.

In doing so, you need to walk that fine line where you're not harassing or threatening him in any way, or that could bite you in the ass. ... but you need to show him you're not afraid of him - even if you really ARE. His only power over you is FEAR. He's essentially a terrorist and a bully. Without fear and intimidation he's nearly powerless.

If he does physically hit you, he has no where to run,(He lives there)
Your both no longer minors, your adults and that's Assault.
The police will have to act.
(I'd like to rough him up for you)

Sounds like you are playing the victim here. Turn the tables on him. Every time he says something anti-gay, tell him he's so obviously obsessed with gayness because he's probably a closet queen. Tell him that the more he talks about gays, the more people will think he's gay. Bullies usually run when you confront them. By being so passive, you are perpetuating the situation. You are giving him power over you. If he calls you a faggot, call him a bigoted closet queen.

As for him leaving harassing notes on your door, get a spy cam and video him doing it. Don't throw any of the notes away. Keep them all.

Sorry to hear about your situation... I hate hearing of such things happening here (Ireland). The things you posted on what he says to you makes me think he's clearly a self-hating or in denial gay/bi individual taking his anger out on you. He sounds like a very sad individual if he has nothing better to do than harass you.

Since any attempt at reasoning with him has failed I'd suggest telling the landlord or getting to know your neighbours a little better... talk to them about him and ask them if they know about any other tenants past or present have gone through the same situation with the guy. If you make even 1 or 2 neighbours aware of the situation they may be willing to talk the guy into backing off. As others have mentioned bullies generally flake away once you show them you're not having any of their bullshit, but be careful in case he becomes violent towards you, then seek police involvement again.
If it becomes dangerous to continue living there I'd suggest moving out into a better area/apartment. It'd be a pity if you had to but your safety is more important than your pride.

I wish you the best of luck!

Camfer Wrote:Sounds like you are playing the victim here. Turn the tables on him. Every time he says something anti-gay, tell him he's so obviously obsessed with gayness because he's probably a closet queen. Tell him that the more he talks about gays, the more people will think he's gay. Bullies usually run when you confront them. By being so passive, you are perpetuating the situation. You are giving him power over you. If he calls you a faggot, call him a bigoted closet queen.

As for him leaving harassing notes on your door, get a spy cam and video him doing it. Don't throw any of the notes away. Keep them all.
i like this post.

As I see it he has indeed done something. He has threatened to burn your flat.

Talk to a lawyer. Though the police may have one interpretation, a court may have another. It may not even have to go that far. Your lawyer may be able to write him and explain that his actions constitute harassment and threats are not to be tolerated.

I would not taunt him in return, no matter how tempting that may be. The spy cam might be something to discuss with a lawyer because proof of his actions would show that he has been active in making you feel threatened.
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:I would not taunt him in return, no matter how tempting that may be. The spy cam might be something to discuss with a lawyer because proof of his actions would show that he has been active in making you feel threatened.

Agreed 100%.

OK, I am a wuss. I do not like conflict. If its not going away then I am the type that will leave.

My mental health is far more important to me than making a point about whether I am tougher than a gaybasher. I never feel like a chicken or the like by avoiding a negative situation. I call it smart. I call it survival.

Well, I don't mind confrontation, physical or otherwise.

Ever since making it past puberty and physically "filling out", most people know to avoid a physical confrontation with me, so they tend to keep their mouths shut as well. I have broken noses, limbs and ribs before during matches and fights, so I'd be more than happy to toss him around a bit for you.

I can guarantee you in the end he will be on his knees swallowing my load.

ETOTE Wrote:Well, I don't mind confrontation, physical or otherwise.

Ever since making it past puberty and physically "filling out", most people know to avoid a physical confrontation with me, so they tend to keep their mouths shut as well. I have broken noses, limbs and ribs before during matches and fights, so I'd be more than happy to toss him around a bit for you.

I can guarantee you in the end he will be on his knees swallowing my load.

Does that option come without the broken body parts !?!? Wink