Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horror Movie Recommendations
I love horror flicks... just finished a marathon of The Thing (1982), Insidious, Scream 4 and The Happening. I loved the Rite and the Priest... and absolutely hated Sin City (too repetitive). Wouldn't it be great to discuss the horror genre here?

Salem's Lot (old version)
Shutter Island
Frozen
The Fourth Kind (brilliant movie)
The Ring (never seen it, just a bit of it, and I was scared to death)
Storm of The Century

...and by horrors I understand not gory shit, but things that are actually scary. :] I will add more if I think of any, I know a lot.

Horror, blood and guts. Not me. 'The hills are alive, with the sound of music. La, la la la.'

There are lots of horror movies out there xD

Nightmare on Elm Street (the original)
Hellraiser
Night of the Living Dead
Friday the 13th
Halloween
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Child's Play

so on and so forth xD

XRIMO Wrote:There are lots of horror movies out there xD

Nightmare on Elm Street (the original)
Hellraiser
Night of the Living Dead
Friday the 13th
Halloween
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Child's Play

so on and so forth xD

a horror movie I've been told to NEVER EVER EVER watch is Hellraiser. Can someone tell me why?

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:a horror movie I've been told to NEVER EVER EVER watch is Hellraiser. Can someone tell me why?

It has some gruesome scenes, but what horror movie doesn't. It is a bit more psychological than anything (though skinless people and weird creatures with pins in their heads are visibly frightening I guess xD)

I think some films aren't sold as horror films but they display such a human capacity to destroy and do evil, that, in some ways, they are worse than horror films.
Salo by Pasolini was such a film for me;
To a lesser extent, a gay themed film called A Love to Hide displays similar horror.

SlipknotRlZZ Wrote:a horror movie I've been told to NEVER EVER EVER watch is Hellraiser. Can someone tell me why?

You won't be able to sleep on a mattress anymore. :p

'In the mouth of Madness' (oldass from 1996)
The Ring (original is best)
Saw
Braindead

That's one of my fave horror films. If your groused out easily then it's probably not recommended as it features people being ripped apart by hooks on chains. Also features a guy who started out as a drop of blood and gradually re-animates into a person as he was able to access more victims. Special effects wise it is a little lame as the film was made in 1987. You can just tell skin in some scenes is just latex.