Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hotel & Lodging recommendation site
Does anyone have any good sites for recommending gay-friendly lodgings?

I'm currently staying in a B&B on the Isle of Skye with my other half and the lady that runs the place has been wonderful to us. When we booked we noticed that the room sleeps 3 so we figured that they'd expect we were two friends travelling together and someone would draw the short straw for the single bed. Sometimes you hear stories about B&B owners getting a little huffy with gay guests so we didn't say anything. However, she noticed our wedding anniversary cards to each other then when we got back from climbing the hills we found a rose + card on our bed wishing us the best for our anniversary - that was a really nice touch and not something she had to do.

I will be writing up a positive review on Trip Advisor as well - but if anyone knows of any LGBT specific sites that people used that would be great. Smile

That was good of her :-)

Sorry i cant help, sure someone will know though

Or just search google, thats my awnser for most things lol,

Look for previous customer reviews especially

Oh sorry i obviously didnt read it properly, your looking for name of particular sites,
Someone will know, good luck

I should also add to my original post that it shouldn't be a site recommending hookup holidays. You are not going to get any of that on Skye. In the interests of research I opened up Grindr and found that the nearest person was 69km away (so, assuming they are not in the North Atlantic) that's probably Inverness.

And tomorrow is going to be interesting... It "the Sabbath" and the B&B owner has already warned us about that fact that there are only two petrol stations operating on the island tomorrow and everything else that doesn't work on a Sunday. (We actually knew about this kind of thing and planned for Sunday to be a relaxing do very little day - we have books and things)

Hi Colin Smile
you can try http://www.lonelyplanet.com. I am not sure about the current policy but as far as I know they used to have LGBT section in every of their book.
Nice to hear you are having good time!