Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Houston, we have power
Space-based solar power could be the final frontier in renewable energy

http://www.salon.com/2016/12/04/houston-...le-energy/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Solar panels putted on the moon would be interesting too, and also I think the countries in vast deserts regions could take advance of it because of the unused land....

.... In fact I didn't really know what we keep using oils and non-renewable energies.

I would say the government profits more from the businesses that are involved in the fossil fuel industry and there are comparatively minor returns in the renewable energy sector?

AND if the TPP happens, this problem will increase.

Shawn Wrote:Solar panels putted on the moon would be interesting too, and also I think the countries in vast deserts regions could take advance of it because of the unused land....

.... In fact I didn't really know what we keep using oils and non-renewable energies.

hmmmmm I think the animal and plant life in those areas should be protected so proberly a little more used than you think, also the local tribes in those areas may not like the idea of westerners and what not building in their back yards.

artyboy Wrote:hmmmmm I think the animal and plant life in those areas should be protected so proberly a little more used than you think, also the local tribes in those areas may not like the idea of westerners and what not building in their back yards.

Well if you and them want to protect places like this:

[Image: Rub_al_Khali_002.JPG]

Instead of places like this...

[Image: mine-pit.jpg]

And you consider this someone's backyards.
[Image: kcbtqmmhqkjyse60lus.jpg]

Okay then.

Be cheaper and quicker to build some low/intermediate waste nuclear reactors...

For instance: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...tive-waste

And we use petroleum products because they are still the least expensive method of transporting vast quantities of energy across the globe.