Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help, Tired of being alone
well ive not read anyone advice on purpose as they usually have great advice - I just wanna say have a big hug.. simple as that ...do you wanna try the gym to get in shape maybe ?? would it help ?? I don't know - I wont lie - I have been happier since I whent to the gym ,, wont work for everyone but needs a try to rule it out maybe

[QUOTE=I'm naturally a bit of a loner though and treasure my alone time, which makes it a bit more of a challenge.[/QUOTE]

See, that's the thing I don't like about me. I think I've spent too much time alone and don't always know how to interact or pick up on social cues at times. Don't get me wrong, I treasure some alone time but sometimes I think being alone can be an escape for me and I'm trying really hard to be more social. I seem to want to spend less time alone now. It's a challenge alright.

Double007 Wrote:See, that's the thing I don't like about me. I think I've spent too much time alone and don't always know how to interact or pick up on social cues at times. Don't get me wrong, I treasure some alone time but sometimes I think being alone can be an escape for me and I'm trying really hard to be more social. I seem to want to spend less time alone now. It's a challenge alright.

I use to be that way. I never wanted to go out or socialize with others. It took me a long time to start to talk to people and i still sometimes feel awkward in public places.

unkown21 Wrote:[...] To whoever can help (ladies or gentlemen, thank you in advance)
sorry for the rant. Love you all

Huggs

Sweetie, we've all been there and we all know how it feels.

Just put the bottle back in the cupboard, go outside for a walk, if possible by the sea and things will get better. Give yourself a treat every now and then, you deserve it.

Friends are a rare commodity, they're really difficult to find. But social life can be easily improved. Can you cook? Cooking is always a great excuse to invite friends over and if you're a great cook, your place will always be full of people. Smile

As for the weight issue, don't be depressed about it. I'm 36 y.o., I've lost 10 kgs recently and it wasn't nearly as a difficult as I expected. As long as you follow a couple of simple rules, you will see results pretty soon.

Cheer up, Honey! We'll always be here for you!

MisterTinkles Wrote:[...] Are you in any clubs or social groups, such as a book club, poetry group, or volunteer of some kind?

[...]

Best piece of advice ever.

Find something that you're really passionate about and then share it with others. A club or internet forum can be a great place to start.