Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How I Avoid Depression
Personally I don't think you can avoid depression, you can do things to try and stop it from occuring but when it happens it happens.

Wow Pix :eek: . You are a very strong person :3.

I personally turn to what makes me happiest, Music. Not everyone has something like this to turn to, but I'm sure deep down somewhere in everybody, there's something that makes them smile. I mean, if there weren't wouldn't everyone be pessimistic zombies, never loving themselves or the things around them.

It takes time to get over depression and more time to figure out what makes you happy, but just because you are depressed and unsure of what makes you happy, shouldn't make you feel bad, even though that's what depression tries to make you feel.

My Mom was 14 when she had me, never finished highschool, didn't get to have a social life, didn't even get to be a child or do any of the things she was supposed to at that age. She spent her whole life devoting herself to me, and making sure I was happy and got the things she never did. She often tells me she doesn't regret the choices she made, but I know she does sometimes, cause what person would willingly give up their most precious years, to take care of a mistake? But, she is strong and whenever she get's sad, she sings(she's a singer, not professional of course).

My mom, and myself included, have been through the worst things you can probably imagine (not too extreme though), but have come out on top.

What teenage boy has had to give up 18years of his life to take care of a child, when they themselves were just children. When I here about guys complaining about trivial stuff, like not having sex or when a dead-beat dad complains that he was too young and wasn't ready to give up his prime years, I just ignore them, cause they've never had to go through what girls, especially my mom, have to.

I've been molested by my own cousin who is a year older than me, even when I hit him and told him to stop. He never went further than touching my butt or trying to kiss me, but none the less, I avoid family gatherings because of that. My family would never believe me, because to them I'm just the gay one. Not all of them think like this, but a good majority do. My mom and grandmother are the only one's who love me the way I am and stick up for me, if and when someone in the family taunts me.

Point is, depression is a state of mind, that you want to be in. It is a condition and happens to multiple people, but like alot of things, you can train yourself to not let it consume you. Why be depressed, when there are butterflies flying outside and birds chirping next to your window and the world is still spinning? It's because you refuse to see these things. You can't let depression win, find your happy place/zone . What ever you're going through, just think about how much worse it could be, or how someone in the world has it harder than you do. The poor children being sold as sex slaves or for labour or sometimes both for instance.

If anything, don't be depressed for/with yourself, but be happy for/with yourself and save the sad/bad feelings for those who need it most, to help them feel better.

"You're never given more than you can handle", my mom's favourite saying.

Yeah, I guess in a nutshell I accept the roses have thorns. I don't forget about the thorns, I take precautions when I can, and when I get stuck I deal with it the best I can and remind myself the pain is only momentary and will heal and keep on focusing on the rose.

Though to be a more accurate metaphor I'd have to say some roses have more thorns than others. Wink