Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Many Have Given Out FB Passwords?
East Wrote:Oh yeah...I would not work for anyone who asked for that info either...completely out of the question. They would creep me out worse than FB.

I don't do FB either, I have an account but don't use it and gave up on trying to delete it after about half an hour...
I have family members who post on it daily, my sister virtually announces her menstrual flow on the damn thing.
If someone wants to tell me something or show me a pic, they can send it to my phone. I don't really get the point of FB.

Id tell them to fuck off, what I post on Facebook is mine and my friends businesses, also I'd make the suggestion as to not add work colleagues unless you know them well.

What is next? Email password? House key? Cameras in your bedroom? This is going too far and I would never give it out, not for any job!

Not had to do that but we have some messed up stuff too. They say you're not allowed to put on Facebook that you work where I work... but then they admit they're just trying to watch out for you. You can but the second that you do you automatically become a representative for our company not only inside the building but outside of it as well. If you start posting horrible stuff they can take your job away.

Number one rule of internet is safety is do NOT give out your password to ANYONE. Everyone who's been on the internet knows this.

An employer who asks for a FB password cannot be trusted and therefore would not be a person I feel safe working for. I would delete my facebook account if it wasn't for the fact that my trans groups are on there and that's the basically only way of knowing when meetings are and getting in touch. These groups are all (except for one I think) private so that would be another issue ESPECIALLY since it would not be fair to the other members of the groups who post on there under the impression that the group is private so the only ones who read it are fellow group members.

It bothers me enough that my job is on facebook and my coworkers are always wanting to add me and stuff and I've had people suggest I add some of our customers which will NEVER happen. I don't even post on our company facebook. I only have a few of my coworkers on facebook, and they are all the ones I am closest to and feel comfortable with. I don't even have anything to hide on my facebook, at least there's nothing there that I'm personally ashamed of.

Basically: a job is not worth putting my safety at risk.

Ok, thanks everyone. Confusedmile:

I take it then that this isn't too common.

I do wonder if it could be. After all I know I've been told over and over that to protect my ID and benefits to not to give out my social security number and yet almost everybody (including job aps, IIRC) expects to get it. Funny story, one old woman still had the original Social Security card that said NOT TO BE USED FOR ID which she enjoyed flashing at all the people that demanded she give it to prove who she is. Rofl

Hey, if anyone ever does demand any such passwords, then demand theirs right back. After all, you don't know if you can trust them, if they're the kind of employer (or whatever) you want, and if they've done nothing wrong then they've got nothing to hide (*).

(*Anyone else notice that the government and corporate elites that invade privacy as a matter of course say "if you've done nothing wrong then you've got nothing to fear" are so adamant about their own privacy to the point that even tourists who point a camera at a cop can wind up in jail?)

Quote:(*Anyone else notice that the government and corporate elites that invade privacy as a matter of course say "if you've done nothing wrong then you've got nothing to fear" are so adamant about their own privacy to the point that even tourists who point a camera at a cop can wind up in jail?)

Yes, and only a fool would believe that if you've done nothing wrong then you've got nothing to fear.