Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Often Do You Remember Your Dreams?
headache Wrote:It depends. I rather don't remember my dreams but if I sleep for short period of time, I remember all things clearly. Last time in dream I was coughing, in moment ago I had small part of lung covered with blood on my hand. Yhh disgusting.

Oh my gosh, that sounds like a traumatic dream!

I had a dream last night that I was in a room with 4 other people, writing songs and music. The 5 of us together wrote a great song.

Unfortunately when I woke I couldn't remember the lyrics we came up with. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

For some reason, two of the people in the room helping with the songwriting were Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie.

*rolls eyes*
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

During months in which I don't have too much things on my head I rember my dreams with better frequency (holidays for instance). Things about I am dreaming also have huge influence. Fear or bliss decide if I would remember my dream or not.
This one about blood was caused by the fact that I gave up smoking recently, I'm not worried about my organism but it seems that my brain do it instead of me.
I had also nice dreams- the best of them were about flying, I could feel warm blowing wind, and how my body leave ground under my feet to rise in air and then only feeling happiness from the one of the oldest human dreams. I even can't describe enough to make you imagine this what I felt, but it was just great.

writerbree Wrote:Hey everyone!

I'm doing like an independent study on dreaming and if you don't mind participating in this poll, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks Smile

I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do I write then down in a notebook I keep beside my bed. Sometimes they inspire writings, art, etc..

but strangely I usually have no recollection of my dreams.

writerbree Wrote:That's very interesting! Personally, I tend to dream A LOT about my high school. It wasn't the easiest time, so a lot of my dreams are either flash backs or me there, but only difference is I'm out instead of in the closet like I was.
A lot of times I'll dreams where it's like the first day of the school year and I'm confused by my schedule or get lost, so I know what you mean there.
Yeah I had problems too not at the school but reflected to it... The high school is the central part of your life when you're in that period, a lot of hours, a lot of home works etc etc ;-)

Oh gosh, tonight I dreamed about the school, in some way. Rebel Uni students hiding in my house to organize a 'revolution' LOL, but I didn't know that and at a certain point I started finding them. LOL It was kinda weird but in some way funny.
My mom called me 'the tv and the police is near your house it seems blahblah', and I found the first guy under my bed or under a wardrobe, he was very shy he asked me about my Uni (the same of him) like talking with a senpai, and then I started going around my house (a very small house, but a dream is as dream, so fuck logic...) screaming things like 'I know you're here guys, if some of you are behind the shower curtain came out cause I don't wanna be scared! XD'

I think maybe one a month and I immediately try to figure out what symbolism they represent from my subconscious mind.

I had a really freaky dream that was ongoing and lasted for years. One would start where the last one ended....and I always woke up shaking and soaking wet. I would have to dry the sheets. The final one happened maybe 30 years ago but the last three I still remember vividly to this day..as though every sense I have is in touch with them.

One weird aspect is how often Giles is my father. Once I even dreamed I was back in middle school when Mom attacked the school with terrorists. After that was over with parents were called. I saw Dad and talked about how crazy Mom was but then I said goodbye when I saw Giles and ran up to hug him going home, because Giles was my dad. It didn't seem strange at all.

Hi, I remember around one dream per night. I'm working on getting my sleep schedule in check since I find it quite an important factor when you are trying to remember your dreams.

It is also quite important for me since I'm trying to have a lucid dream aka realize I'm dreaming while in a dream. And overall I think dreams are quite amazing, so I wouldn't like that part of me to just fade away completely every morning.

I also started a dream journal which is really helpful.

It tends to vary, but I remember a decent amount of my dreams - albeit where most are concerned, I can only "actively" remember them for an hour or two after waking up, afterwards I usually only remember them if I see something in my day-to-day life that triggers the memory.

Saying that, however, there are a few of my more "vivid" dreams that I can remember quite easily, some from when I was only a child. Although a few of them are nightmares, which I think influences my ability to remember slightly.

Would you believe me if I said you that i can remember all my dreams. It's true.
Almost all of my time i'm dreaming. But my dreams have always been under my will.
I've always try to adopt reality to my imagination- and i have succeeded in this.
Unfortunately so called real life almost conquered my imagination with rutin and need to work.
It means that party is over.
it was a nice time when i was able to form my imagination in reality.