Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Soda Affects Each Body Part As You Drink
There's no dedicated thread for health issues apart from those directed at guys and gals (primarily about sexual health) and this affects everyone:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/...?ocid=iehp
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:There's no dedicated thread for health issues apart from those directed at guys and gals (primarily about sexual health) and this affects everyone:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/...?ocid=iehp

Never touch the stuff. Now, before I get too sanctimonious, hand me that vodka would you?

Pop sure seems to have changed since I was little. I remember it being MUCH less sweet and so fizzy it almost hurt my throat to drink it. Nowadays, it seems kind of flat and syrupy to me, even over ice.

But anyhow, I never touch it either. It's on an ever-growing list of things I've given up as I grow older (wistful sigh)

I drink it every day and shall continue to do so. Mine is sugar free though.

Cuddly Wrote:I drink it every day and shall continue to do so. Mine is sugar free though.
I don't drink any soda pop but I agree, it is the sugar that is the problem, not the carbonation.

Cuddly Wrote:I drink it every day and shall continue to do so. Mine is sugar free though.

I thought fake sugar (aspartame) had its own issues.

I got my BF to drink seltzer but anymore he mostly drinks water.

I have heard a lot of people say that diet soda is worse than regular...but I forgot why. One of my trainers was adamant about it and I remember she did tell me why...I just don't remember what is was now....

IIRC it sends confusing signals to your kidneys and messes with your metabolism.

East Wrote:I have heard a lot of people say that diet soda is worse than regular...but I forgot why. One of my trainers was adamant about it and I remember she did tell me why...I just don't remember what is was now....

There has been alot of fuss about the arteficial sweeteners. The last I glanced over was that it was all incorrect and that you wouldn't be getting fluorescent offspring, as critics had claimed.
I didn't really dig into it, but I'm healthy so why stop? If there's an issue, it would be due to the acidity of it, as far as I can guess.

The sweet taste of it still triggers the insulin release and causes weight gain.

Of course, diet soda tastes of chemicals, but regular drinkers of it seem to be able to ignore that.

Hard to get around water as a go to beverage.
I bid NO Trump!