Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Deal With Homophobic Jerks When They're Supposed To Be Your Friend
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:"Thank you for playing, you have been voted off the island."

Or words to that effect are given to those who are intolerant and you stop hanging around them, talking to them, being their 'friend'.

Through the years I have voted many a people off my own personal island simply because they were racists, bigots, haters of one sort or another. Not just homophobes.

Lets make one thing clear here, birds of a feather flock together. If your flock are haters then it will be assumed that you're a hater too.

Are you a hater?

If not, then find a new flock to be part of, one that reflects what and who you are.

No, not a hater. What I am is someone who uses the word "friend" much too casually to describe people who are acquaintances at best.

Albie Wrote:I probably would have punched the guy, too.

Lol I was hoping Danny would throw himself into my arms and declare me his hero. Instead, he asked me about my training and workout routine, and now he wants to come to the gym with me. Not exactly a romantic triumph, but any chance to spend time with him is a good thing.

Haha Well at least you can get hot and sweaty doing something together. It is a step in the right direction.

Coming out before showing up with your boyfriend gives your friends a chance to process the information. Just like it takes time for you to come to terms with yourself, it takes time for them to come to terms with your "change".

Maybe he's an ogre or maybe he just needed time, either way punching him showed him where the line is.

To be honest? I probably would have made sure he felt like the skum in the floor drain by the time I was done with him. I have a habit of using psychological "warfare" on people when they very clearly deserve a fist in the face. It lasts longer than physical violence.

And if it were Gideon in that situation? Jesus. Yeah. I don't think that would have ended well at all. He might have ended up arrested for assault, or worse.

So, I don't think you overreacted.

I DO agree with [MENTION=21778]Lexington[/MENTION] tho. You need to take Danny out of the line of fire if he hasn't volunteered to put himself there. It sounds like for the most part you've done the coming out, now. But if there's more people out there that are "buddies" that don't know and you're going to be bringing Danny around?

It's time to let them know -before- you bring Danny into their company because some people are just fucking morons without filters and do shit like what you've already experienced because.... well, because they're morons without filters.

Well man, from my viewpoint? I'd say you handled it about like I would have, though you might be a little less violent than I would have been in that situation, especially considering I kind of lose my ever-loving-mind when Twist is hurt...

Though I agree with Twist, that you should maybe make things clear -before- you bring Danny out with you around people who aren't in the know....to protect -him- if nothing else, yeah?

There are always going to be assholes out there, there is always going to be some bully/asshole/bigot with a big fucking mouth spouting off -his- insecurities, just make sure you remember that you are better than them. And sometimes it feels really good to punch some dickhead in the mouth.

Gideon Wrote:...I kind of lose my ever-loving-mind when Twist is hurt...

*Clears his throat and lifts a brow.*

Or potentially hurt
or
At risk of being hurt
or
If you think I should or -will- be hurt
or......

*Smirks* I love you man.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:*Clears his throat and lifts a brow.*

Or potentially hurt
or
At risk of being hurt
or
or......

*Smirks* I love you man.

*Grins* Sounds about right...I -do- have my priorities straight afterall.

Love you too, gorgeous. Always

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:*Clears his throat and lifts a brow.*

Or potentially hurt
or
At risk of being hurt
or
or......

*Smirks* I love you man.

IDK why, but Danny brings that out in me. He isn't weak or helpless or anything. I know I mentioned he wears eyeliner and stuff, but he isn't even slightly fem (well to be honest, I never felt particularly protective about any girl I dated). I feel like it's some kind of possessive thing, which has never been my style either. I saw a post where Gideon was talking about you and he said MINE...it sort of resonates when I think about Danny.

Pyromancer Wrote:IDK why, but Danny brings that out in me. He isn't weak or helpless or anything. I know I mentioned he wears eyeliner and stuff, but he isn't even slightly fem (well to be honest, I never felt particularly protective about any girl I dated). I feel like it's some kind of possessive thing, which has never been my style either. I saw a post where Gideon was talking about you and he said MINE...it sort of resonates when I think about Danny.

It is a possessive thing. Which isn't necessarily a bag thing, yeah? It means you've found something good, and you know it. [Image: thumbsup.gif]

For me... I was shocked the first time I reacted possessively towards Gideon. I had no idea that was a part of my nature (or that it could be, yeah?) Took a bit of getting used to and comfortable with to where I felt it was "okay" for me to feel that way. (Gid, on the other hand, had no such difficulties. Smile )