Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Deal With Homophobic Jerks When They're Supposed To Be Your Friend
TwisttheLeaf Wrote:To be honest? I probably would have made sure he felt like the skum in the floor drain by the time I was done with him. I have a habit of using psychological "warfare" on people when they very clearly deserve a fist in the face. It lasts longer than physical violence.

I'm scareder of you than anybody on this site, and I mean that as the strongest of compliments.

He sure as hell ain't your friend. But he probably couldn't help being ignorant.

dynamodean Wrote:He sure as hell ain't your friend. But he probably couldn't help being ignorant.

I can't help but feel that at some point in our lives, ignorance becomes a choice. We all grow up influenced by family, friends, community, etc. But, at some point, shouldn't we become old enough and smart enough to think for ourselves and make our own choices?

Pyromancer Wrote:I can't help but feel that at some point in our lives, ignorance becomes a choice. We all grow up influenced by family, friends, community, etc. But, at some point, shouldn't we become old enough and smart enough to think for ourselves and make our own choices?

It definitely is a choice, and I didn't say ignorance was his scapegoat. Stupid is as stupid does, as they say.

What has happened has happened and you can't change it. What you can do is talk it all over with Danny and decide what you both want to do if it happens again. The two of you need to be in tune on this. Sure, you can come out, but not everyone you encounter will know you are out. If people in your close circle can't treat you politely you can drop them (or not) but those you don't know have to be dealt with also. Some day we will get past this, but it won't be soon.
I bid NO Trump!

dynamodean Wrote:It definitely is a choice, and I didn't say ignorance was his scapegoat. Stupid is as stupid does, as they say.

Sometimes, you have to counter ignorance with education. A lesson probably would've worked better than a sock to the jaw, but we all find our own ways of getting our points across. Smile

Lex

lol I'm old fashioned. I believe a sock in the jaw can be a lesson. Smile

Lexington Wrote:Sometimes, you have to counter ignorance with education. A lesson probably would've worked better than a sock to the jaw, but we all find our own ways of getting our points across. Smile

Lex

This was not my typical way of getting my point across. I usually talk people to death instead of beating them, and I've been told that it's often way more painful to endure lol. It was a gut reaction that surprised me as much as it did everyone else. IDK, something else to think about...

Albie Wrote:lol I'm old fashioned. I believe a sock in the jaw can be a lesson. Smile

InBlack-eye that case, remind me to stay in your good graces lol.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:It is a possessive thing. Which isn't necessarily a bag thing, yeah? It means you've found something good, and you know it. [Image: thumbsup.gif]

For me... I was shocked the first time I reacted possessively towards Gideon. I had no idea that was a part of my nature (or that it could be, yeah?) Took a bit of getting used to and comfortable with to where I felt it was "okay" for me to feel that way. (Gid, on the other hand, had no such difficulties. Smile )

^^^ Freaky. We aren't really real possessive but protective of each other. We know each others weak spots and instinctively keep others from working on them

Pyromancer Wrote:What I've already posted previously is that I always ignored/suppressed any attraction I might have had to guys until I met Danny.
So, is there anything I've missed?
Bear in mind the one true label. Clueless.

Okay Pie Romancer. I still don't have any great advice except that you call yourself clueless. Stop that. You're no more clueless than anyone else in your situation. I really do pay attention to the advice give by the older smarter wiser guys in here trying to learn from them. I have learned lots of things. But the lessons that stick with me the hardest and that I will never need to be taught again are the lessons from my own mistakes. Don't be hard on yourself for making mistakes but kick your own ass if you get too stupid to learn from a mistake you've made the first time around.