Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Would You Feel?
I wish I'd had that kind of respect when I was his age. I'd have a vintage Easy Bake Oven among other things...(Like a completely different childhood experience). Video=1 min 8 sec

Respect

I love it..
Lets dig into this a bit..

"I promise to love you no matter what sexuality you choose"

Well this Dad is no idiot..
I'm assuming he knows you can choose your sexual practices...
But you can't choose your sexuality..

Is this the reason no one replied?....

Or is it because the doll is a ginger?

LOVE it...let's not get caught up in the details Anocxu...lol...

I miss my easy bake oven! If I find a vintage one at the garage sale I'm going to tomorrow I'll send it to you [MENTION=21461]Steve[/MENTION]

I always wanted an easy bake oven. lol
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Jettalove Wrote:LOVE it...let's not get caught up in the details Anocxu...lol...

I miss my easy bake oven! If I find a vintage one at the garage sale I'm going to tomorrow I'll send it to you [MENTION=21461]Steve[/MENTION]
Anything for you Jetta..

I'll be behaving in my corner..
Lol

When I was a kid,,, there were no easy-bake-ovens!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Instead:

I had to endure the little neighbor girls trying to get me to eat their Mud-pies <yuk>
We Have Elvis !!

I was such a tomboy and Granny was always trying to girl me up, put me in dresses, get me to grow my hair out, but it just wasn't for me. (I wouldn't have minded the dresses so much but I had to take better care of them which was a pain, if I ripped or stained a dress I was in trouble, but not if I did the same to jeans, so I preferred jeans even when it wouldn't have otherwise mattered.)

And I'd wanted a skateboard ever since I saw the character Sarah use one in the Crow. Back then that was considered a guy thing but I didn't see it that way. I was 11 when I saw that and wanted one. (Given all else that happened in that movie, from Sarah's profanity to killers and arsonists I suppose I chose about the best thing there was on what to want from a movie. Laugh )

Granny lives in a very small rural town, but there was the Texas Rose Festival held in Tyler I think about 200 miles away and she took me to that when I was 13 which was nice. She left me alone for a few minutes while she ran a couple of quick errands and as I'd learn a few days later one of those errands was buying me a skateboard for my birthday!

That was the best present in my life, not because of what it was but because of what it meant: Granny wanted me to be a princess, yet more importantly she wanted me to be happy and she would love me despite that I wasn't the princess she hoped I'd be.

One of the few times I actually sobbed in my life was when someone stole that skateboard from me when I was 15 because of the sentiment involved. I could replace the skateboard, but not what that particular skateboard meant to me, and so it was.

I loved that post Pix..
I'm sorry someone took your skateboard..

I was terrified of both my grandmothers..
They were waaaaay too wise.

jimcrackcorn Wrote:When I was a kid,,, there were no easy-bake-ovens!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Instead:

I had to endure the little neighbor girls trying to get me to eat their Mud-pies <yuk>
Um. Jim? Is Mud-pies a euphemism for something else they wanted you to eat? *shudders* Scared

Supergrin

[MENTION=14705]Pix[/MENTION] Sorry about your skateboard. I get how it is when you lose something that's so closely related with a favorite memory. On a positive note, now I'm going to go watch The Crow. I forgot how much I loved that movie until you mentioned it. Spin3

Anocxu Wrote:...I was terrified of both my grandmothers..
They were waaaaay too wise.
My grandmother was a pushover (other one passed before I dropped). Now my mother, on the other hand... That woman could read my tiny mind at five hundred paces. Same with my brothers and sister. Nothin' got by her. The only time she ever let something slide is because she pretty much already knew, but she really didn't want whatever it was actually said to her. Yah, if it wassent fer hur naytev Mishi-gander acksent sheeda beena priddy guhd Mahta Harry, dont-ya no. Sheeda never moovda nowheres eltz thoh. Nah, ar ho-el fam-ah-lee wooda gahn nutz trianta live sumwhair withouta lotta wadir ahrown-dus, We woodenta ben comf-terbull. Yah.

Laugh

If I was single...and he was gay....this guy would be my type....

What a REFRESHING example of an extremely sexy man.....

...and his son...adorable...and lucky to have him as a father........

THANKS for sharing this Steve!

My favorite toy of choice...my massive farm I had set up in my grandmother's living room....I would walk the animals out every morning and put them to bed every night....

I also had an old metal gas station with a freeway attached and I LOVED cars...and trucks..I had a sandbox full of trucks and I spent hours in it....

I also liked pedal cars...my fire engine was my favorite...and I liked all the friendly and colorful cartoons..nothing dark or scary and no villains or superheroes.....had to have bright colors...and I had tons of coloring books.....

Dolls scared me..they still do. I like to think my Grandma would have let me have one though...she might have..not really sure. She was a rebellious lady that most everyone thought was "difficult"...but she always had a twinkle in her eye and I think she enjoyed pissing people off.

Gumby and Pokey scared the shit out of me too...so did Howdy Doody....

My mom would have had a fit if I wanted a doll..so would my dad...I didn't even like my GI Joe very much. Now that I think about it..GI Joe annoyed me..alot...