Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Would You Feel?
As if toys you choose would mean anything, I was a completely "normal" boy, playing with cars, trucks, climbing trees and no one would think I'd grow up to be gay but I did. And honestly....if I ever had a child, I'd prefer him/her to be heterosexual.

I wonder if he'll actually be disappointed if his son turns out straight.

Honestly the video is awesome..
(The dad is adorable)

But!!..

Don't forget folks..
Young boys that are curious about girls are often drawn to (female) dolls.
Usually parents make this out to be something it's not ..yanking those dolls away and replacing it with a toy car etc.

As a young boy..
I watched my cousins peek up the skirt of every doll they could get their hands on..
Bringing that up just to make a point..
That boy could father 30 kids by the time he's 25..

Anocxu Wrote:Honestly the video is awesome..
(The dad is adorable)

But!!..

Don't forget folks..
Usually parents make this out to be something it's not ..yanking those dolls away and replacing it with a toy car etc.

As a young boy..
I watched my cousins peek up the skirt of every doll they could get their hands on..
That boy could father 30 kids by the time he's 25..

Yup, but I feel like he's saying he's just not going to worry about motivations because kids are so fluid at that age.

My friend and her husband are raising their boys "free range" (which is apparently a thing, who knew?) and part of that is they pick the toys and clothes they want. One of them definitely favors colors that previous mindsets would label as "girly" ... but, you know what? He's six! It could mean anything, or nothing. But in their 'murica he can wear what he wants.

I am not a "kid person" generally but I love hanging out with this family ( I only see them once a year or so because they're a few states away) because they are so RELAXED and accepting of each other. The kids don't have tantrums, you can reason with them and they are allowed to ask questions and get a sensible answer.

ShiftyNJ Wrote:Yup, but I feel like he's saying he's just not going to worry about motivations because kids are so fluid at that age.

My friend and her husband are raising their boys "free range" (which is apparently a thing, who knew?) and part of that is they pick the toys and clothes they want. One of them definitely favors colors that previous mindsets would label as "girly" ... but, you know what? He's six! It could mean anything, or nothing. But in their 'murica he can wear what he wants.

I am not a "kid person" generally but I love hanging out with this family ( I only see them once a year or so because they're a few states away) because they are so RELAXED and accepting of each other. The kids don't have tantrums, you can reason with them and they are allowed to ask questions and get a sensible answer.
A clever way of raising a child to recognize real issues, real danger, a real threat when they see or feel one.

Awesome post..
I've always wondered what it would be like having a "Mini Me" running around..

[Image: tumblr_mh1trmbYsr1rmtlteo1_500.gif]

Then I came to my senses..

Anocxu Wrote:A clever way of raising a child to recognize real issues, real danger, a real threat when they see or feel one.

Awesome post..
I've always wondered what it would be like having a "Mini Me" running around..

[Image: tumblr_mh1trmbYsr1rmtlteo1_500.gif]

Then I came to my senses..

To me children are like pets, hot tubs, or boats. It's great if you're friends with someone who has a nice one... and then you get to go home.

Anocxu Wrote:Honestly the video is awesome..
(The dad is adorable)
Oh yeah. Cute personality, relatively hot guy... I'd hit that. Smileysex

Anocxu Wrote:Don't forget folks..

As a young boy..
I never liked dolls. Never really wanted any either. I had those ubiquitous small hard plastic, sludge green army guys, but I rarely ever played with them. Now whenever we visited relatives with female cousins I was never interested in playing with their Barbie stuff, but you can bet I pulled Ken's pants down every time. And I was really disappointed each time I found nothing too. Gaehn

Anocxu Wrote:That boy could father 30 kids by the time he's 25..
And he should have been charging at lot of money for each go. He'll need that cash for the child support checks and for medical costs for STD treatment. Sad. How many of us have known hustlers I wonder?

Edward Wrote:As if toys you choose would mean anything, I was a completely "normal" boy, playing with cars, trucks, climbing trees and no one would think I'd grow up to be gay but I did. And honestly....if I ever had a child, I'd prefer him/her to be heterosexual.
I almost can't define the word normal anymore. I know the dictionary definition, but its such an abstract thing to me now. When I was much younger I had a better grasp of the word, but the world's population has become so diverse and foreign to me that I can't apply the word normal. I blame television and the internet; both had the effect of opening up the bizarre gamut of people, places, and behaviors. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World!

TigerLover Wrote:I wonder if he'll actually be disappointed if his son turns out straight.
And that was my first thought too.

I've wavered over this topic through the years. When I was very young (and going thru high school hell) I would have said that I wanted my children to be heterosexual, but that was mostly a reaction to remembering how much easier I thought a kid's life would be. I never cared about grandchildren, or carrying on the family name (still don't). Now I feel differently, especially in light of the video I posted. At my age, even with all the scars, I'm glad I'm gay because I have a completely different view of the world that I wouldn't have had if I'd been straight. If I had the opportunity to grow up with that kid's support system, hell yeah, I'd have loved being gay. It would'a been a goddamn hoot'n a half!!
Spin3

[MENTION=21783]ShiftyNJ[/MENTION] I'm not a fan of kids either. Actually they tend to annoy the living f*uck out of me. And no, I don't want the cupcakes or cookies they've made with their smarmy, finger licked, butt and head scratched, took-a-shit-and-didn't-wash-their-paws, booger fingered hands either. Eww. Just small snot laden, barf bomb, germ factories that ask too goddamned many stupid questions! Blahblah

That said... I held Mark's nephew's baby and she was bloody a-f*cking-dorable. Baby She ducked her head under my unbuttoned over shirt (I was wearing a fashion tee shirt) several times when I'd start to smile at her, babbling the utter non-sense adults talk when holding infants. Then she would pull her head out into the open and make this face like the world was an enormous wonder and amazement to behold, melting the permafrost from my cold dead heart. After about twenty minutes of this I put her back in her mother's arms. It was lovely. Then I was over it.
Outtahere

East Wrote:If I was single...and he was gay....this guy would be my type....
As Alfalfa would have said, "And How!" Sperm

East Wrote:My favorite toy of choice...my massive farm I had set up in my grandmother's living room....I would walk the animals out every morning and put them to bed every night....

A farmer huh? You're good at plowing right? Or was it being plowed, I can never remember? Oh well, you sorta got it right as a kid. When you grew up you went to bed with "animals" and you walked them out the morning after. Those "animals" that made it through the night anyway. Tongue3
Laugh

East Wrote:I also had an old metal gas station with a freeway attached and I LOVED cars...and trucks..I had a sandbox full of trucks and I spent hours in it....

I also liked pedal cars...my fire engine was my favorite...and I liked all the friendly and colorful cartoons..nothing dark or scary and no villains or superheroes.....had to have bright colors...and I had tons of coloring books.....

You were a butch, sweet, little boy weren't you? Bright primary colors. Ruggedly g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶ peddling your heart out in a fire engine hmm? Makes sense. Luvkiss

I had a bunch of coloring books and tons of crayons too. Used to get all artsy and blend/smooth the crayon with a kleenex to make it look less grainy. I liked comic books too though. All the superhero's.

East Wrote:Dolls scared me..they still do. I like to think my Grandma would have let me have one though...she might have..not really sure. She was a rebellious lady that most everyone thought was "difficult"...but she always had a twinkle in her eye and I think she enjoyed pissing people off.

Yeah, like I said, I never really cared for dolls. Not like a creepy, horror film thing, but just because they weren't really interesting to me. I supposed it might have been different if they weren't all neutered. Maybe I somehow felt the stigma of a boy playing with dolls, but I don't remember feeling that way. It could have been a subconscious thing I guess.

You're grandma sounds like she was a pretty cool lady.

East Wrote:Gumby and Pokey scared the shit out of me too...so did Howdy Doody....

My mom would have had a fit if I wanted a doll..so would my dad...I didn't even like my GI Joe very much. Now that I think about it..GI Joe annoyed me..alot...
Gumby and Pokey were just too weird to me. Now Howdy Doody was sort of horror film material, but I hadn't figured out that bit yet. I never had a GI Joe. Maybe is was all that camouflage drab green I couldn't abide.

These days my sister's got me maiming dolls, painting blood on them, for her Halloween display, but that's as close to dolls as I've ever gotten. Mom would've confiscated any I had -that would have been too mortifying for her- and my dad wouldn't have ever said anything, but he would have probably been to embarrassed to make an issue of it at all.

[MENTION=21156]Anocxu[/MENTION] I never wanted a mini-me, or any other version of a baby. It's a nice idea...for other people. Not being self deprecating at all, I would have been a crap father. I wouldn't have intended to be, but it wouldn't have turned out pretty. Sometimes I wonder whether bipolar sufferers should even be allowed to have children.

the childhood toys....lol

these were my faves.

[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!