Rate Thread
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How are you today?
pocket_pilgrim Wrote:not a very good thing methinks. from what i read, you're a great guy with plenty to offer - so why glum?
I agree with what you think about Wilem. He seems like a lovely young man. However, PP, I am sure you are being supportive, but I challenge your use of language. Equating being "glum" with depression is a common, but quite inappropriate, use of the term. They are most definitely not the same thing. Depression cannot often be put down to a single factor or to easy solutions. The English language is at fault for using the terms depression and feeling depressed for two very different conditions.

I hope its just a funk you are going through Wilem.

I feel better today, except my throat is swollen and raw. But hey, I least got out of bed before noon, that definitely means I'm getting better. Tongue

to clear everything up (heh):

post#9 : I generally get big sticky lumps of unhappyness stuck to my face every so often. The thick of it tends to scoop off, but there's always remnants left stuck close to the surface. Black slick of inadequacy on my skin...

post #10 : Damn right. Got a depressive mam, and depressive, an ex-scuicidal Uncle (and corresponding hollow, scuicidal and comfort eating wife and two daughers - respectively), and some very questionable emotions that I hear from stories about my grandparents. My lil sis is starting to show signs also. Thinking it's genetic.
And the drugs numb off some of it, and make me more bouyant. Were making me gain weight though, so stopped takin em as soon as I got into decent momentum.

Post #11 : Damn right I'm a lovely young man. Just an unhappy one.

Post #12 : So do I. (But I didn't get out of bed till after noon, coz I'm a slob.)

Feeling TIRED today. So I'm going to have some go to sleep. And a drink of WATA.

Lovely.

I am moody and fed up today! :mad:Cry

Kinda pissed because I have to work 12 hours today... stupid overtime... but I need the money...

I'm good... found out my annual pay-rise and bonus today.

Pay wise was a bit bleh... but bonus... I'm chuffed...

Its worked out via an "Individual Performance Multiplier" or "IPM"... basically a percentage. 100% (ie, the standard Bonus) is achieved if you have met your agreed targets for the year. Anything less means you haven't met them, anything more means you've exceeded them.

I got 115% :biggrin:

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Its worked out via an "Individual Performance Multiplier" or "IPM"... basically a percentage. 100% (ie, the standard Bonus) is achieved if you have met your agreed targets for the year. Anything less means you haven't met them, anything more means you've exceeded them.

I got 115% :biggrin:

Niiiicely done! (What's your job?)

I'm feeling chuffed today!
COZ I got the day off college (woot) to take my driving test (meh) which I passed (woot)!

And I am now sat listening dance music, which is normally what I do when I don't want to go to sleep. Havin too much of a good day to start turning a blind eye to it all!!

Wilem Wrote:I'm feeling chuffed today!
COZ I got the day off college (woot) to take my driving test (meh) which I passed (woot)!
Congratulations, Wilem, well done Confusedmile: Be careful on the road now!

Got a wake up call about the stupid house contract. Seems the local lawyer isnt moving forward fast enough as it just isnt their top priority so now I gotta bitch at them (I hate telling people off and am way too polite = someone wanna help and make the call for me)...

It was really warm today (but expecting an ice storm tomorrow) and cleaning up the house felt really good. I am 70% finished with cleaning up (excluding the basement) and it feels great. Opened up the windows and the house is smelling nice = is that weird?

So I was very productive and felt pretty good (except for the stupid lawyers office).

Got doc appts tomorrow and a biggie Wednesday so my schedule will be a mess for this week but still feeling nice that spring may be coming soon = bicycles waiting!

I am very tired - last three days - all the weekend and today - I was tinkering with my notebook - ACPI conf was unavailable and I got really enraged with this stupid bug... uffff!!!