Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How big is Australia.
World Top Ten Countries with Longest Coastline [Rank) CountryCoastline (km)] 1) Canada 202,080 2) Indonesia 54,716 3) Greenland (Denmark) 44,087 4) Russia 37,653 5) Philippines 36,289 6) Japan 29,751 7) Australia 25,760 8) Norway 25,148 9) United States 19,924 10) New Zealand 15,134

Looking at AUS from just a map looks as If it isn't actually that big until you obviously compare it with other nations or drive across this great country...

According to my globe its about 2.5 inches wide by 1.75 inches tall. It's a wee thing. :tongue:

Yeah Europe is really small. Yet it has been the whole world for most of western history. I often find it odd that such a small place came up with so many languages.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:According to my globe its about 2.5 inches wide by 1.75 inches tall. It's a wee thing. :tongue:

Yeah Europe is really small. Yet it has been the whole world for most of western history. I often find it odd that such a small place came up with so many languages.

Too much time on their hands I guess Wink

lol, I always thought the European countries were any countries west of Russia :redface:

Europe's diversity is mostly due to the (amazing) variations in terrain.

Confession: I have always, and still do, wanted to go to Australia.

Dorky question for the Aussies: Was "The Man From Snowy River" actually filmed in Australia? If so, where??? If not, is there land like that? I love that scenery. I feel so geographically dumb at this moment. ;-)

Second dorky question: Do Australians love or hate or even care about that movie? So many people here love(d) it!

Yes it was filmed in Australia...and hold onto you chair because you are not going to believe this, it was filmed in Snowy Mountains region that has a river coursing through it call...you are really going to fall over with this one...The Snowy River :-)

Snowy Mountains

The Snowy River

As for the movie, I have never watched, but it is one of Australia's most succesful films, very popular here...and as a side note, one of the actors that appeared in the film is a very regular customer of mine. He also appeared in the movie Gallipoli, another very succesful Australian film.

Size isn't everything! Wink

Doesn't Russia count as a part of Europe any more?Rolleyes
Wouldn't it about even things out...

EDIT:
According to the Link Blue posted:
Quote:United States: about half the size of Russia
Yikes...
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

I don't believe that Australia exist.... All what I see when I look out of my window is Germany... so... I think Germany is the biggest country.....

These imaginary Australians are people who wish us a good day a 9 PM.... and wish us a good night at 9 AM .... so..does every one think they have a own country ?