Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I help my bicurious friend?
So one of my close guy friends told me today that even though he likes women, he is constantly being friendzoned by them; so now he has started to feel emotions for men. I told him that the chances are that he isn't straight-out gay but he was probably bi.

He said that hes had a big crush on one of our mutual guy friends, even though he is straight and in a relationship. I've told him that "you just know when you're bisexual or gay." It sticks in the back of your mind for a while and you cant escape these feelings. I said that if ever he wanted to talk about it he could come straight to me, but he asked me to "help him out" by having sex with him, to see if he does have feelings for guys. I want to support my friend, but I don't know if I'm ready to be in a relationship with him.... (I don't know if I actually fancy him though....)

Oh and by the way we are both 16/17

Any advice on what to do in the situation would be massively appreciated, thanks guys :3

I wouldn't. It may damage your friendship with him. Just doing what you're doing with him; supporting him.

I agree with Memby. I wouldn't have sex with this guy just because he's "curious"...

Now,,,,, if he took me out on a date and bought me a hamburger,,,,, I might do anything for him(smile).... Just kidding....
We Have Elvis !!

You really can't help. You can be supportive and listen, but he has to do all the hard work of reaching his own conclusions of who and what he is.

As everyone else said, don't have sex with him.

You can help your friend by supporting him just the way you have, with an offer to talk. You have already helped him by being there for him in his uncertainty. It sounds to me as if he's not asking you for a relationship, just experimental sex. If you don't want to go there, then don't. I agree with the other posters here that it would likely change your friendship.

People are just too casual about sex these days. It means something, whether you want to believe it does or not. Don't demean it and yourselves by having sex as an experiment.

Give it time, support him as a friend by listening, giving a shoulder to lean on, let him find his own way, this may take awhile, but that is what true friends are for, James
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

luckyp Wrote:So one of my close guy friends told me today that even though he likes women, he is constantly being friendzoned by them; so now he has started to feel emotions for men. I told him that the chances are that he isn't straight-out gay but he was probably bi.

He said that hes had a big crush on one of our mutual guy friends, even though he is straight and in a relationship. I've told him that "you just know when you're bisexual or gay." It sticks in the back of your mind for a while and you cant escape these feelings. I said that if ever he wanted to talk about it he could come straight to me, but he asked me to "help him out" by having sex with him, to see if he does have feelings for guys. I want to support my friend, but I don't know if I'm ready to be in a relationship with him.... (I don't know if I actually fancy him though....)

Oh and by the way we are both 16/17

Any advice on what to do in the situation would be massively appreciated, thanks guys :3

I THINK HAVING SEX WITH YOUR SEXUALLY CONFUSED FRIEND WHO IS ALREADY IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH A WOMAN WHO PROBABLY WOULDN'T ENJOY BEING CHEATED ON IS A GRAND OL IDEA Xyxthumbs

No but really...Why do people make this so complicated.... If your penis gets hard thinking about guys and girls, you're bisexual sexually, but you might still identify as straight if you can only imagine having a relationship with a woman...He sounds confused and not really sure what he wants, so you need to be extra confident in yourself if you want to help him out. Do you want to be a sexual experiment, or a supporting friend? If you don't know what you want, something might happen while trying to help him, and people might get hurt.... just be careful.

You're a good friend for being there for him.