Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How come we haven't got a disco music thread?
This is a very tacky (go go girls) dance routine... I remember I quite liked the song however. Glad I never saw this video, it would have put me off...
David Christie - SADDLE UP!

Haha, not a great singer, but a nice enough tune

PAULA MOORE - Valparaiso

I can imagine that magical moment of thrill....

Have we already had this one???
RAY MARTINEZ - Lady of the Night

Positive Force - We Got The Funk (1980)

Players' Association - We Got The Groove (1980)

Don't know how many of you are familiar with this, or even remember...lol

In the early 80s there was a horror/slasher film called Prom Night....it was recently remade.

The original movie, the prom was a disco theme.....and the movie's theme, which was never released as a single, was "Prom Night".

[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

The Village People - Sex Over the Phone

Don't even know this one, lol... but the Village People were ... ahem... hot.

But I really wanted to give you this one... Iconic!!!
VILLAGE PEOPLE - Y.M.C.A.

I never heard the Paula Moore one before...It is a nice mellow song...I used to like alot of the early disco songs before anyone really even called them disco...at hat is what she reminds me of.

This one was popular and got alot of club play by all three artists....I like them all alot but I really like Teddy Pendergrass...his voice is sexy (The Harold Melvin version)...I also love Thelma Houston of course and one time when I saw her perform this she dedicated it to a friend she had lost to AIDS...and of course The Communards was a great version from a gay man (Jimmy Somerville)....

RITZ did this new and quite effective cover of Little Eva's LOCOMOTION (I think Carol King wrote this song)

OK....Who have we missed?

Cheryl Lynn?

This one was a great last call song because you could start it out right after the announcement and turn all the lights off

Star Love

Got To Be Real