Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you start dating?
I've been feeling really lonely recently since I've never been romantically involved with anyone, even with a woman (mostly because I try to distance myself away from the ones that fall for me). I've been single all my life, basically. Twice have I been hurt figuring out that the guys that I fall for end up being "straight" (supposedly). I've looked at the majority of online dating sites to see if I can get something going, but I don't want my dating profile showing up in a Google search and having my family/friends finding out about my sexuality that way (I'm planning for the big moment I guess, lol). In my area, Craigslist is full of one night stands mostly, so that's out...

I've read a lot of people suggesting to go to the bar or club, but I won't be 21 for another few months. I guess I can wait, but there has to be more opportunities out there than ones found in bars/clubs. :confused:

How did you start dating? I'd like some tips, if possible.

Thanks! Confusedmile:

- Nate

Through school, but I primarily set out to make friends and my first boyfriend kind of came about by accident out of that.

Depending on where you live there might be community centers, volunteer organizations, or student groups that might provide LGBT functions that are accessible for your age, and provide opportunities to get involved with the community and meet other LGBT people.

Aside from a couple dates in high school with girls before I realized and a couple dates with guys in college before I was out/comfortable that went horribly, my first date with a guy didn't happen for me until after college. I had a very active social life in college (not so much HS but a lot of diverse friends in college), so I didn't always feel like I was missing out on 'dating', though I did have a couple profiles up before then

Shortly after I had come out to a sister, she found a yahoo profile of mine with a pic saying I was gay, and didn't want it up because she was afraid of people back home finding out, even though neither of us no longer lived there. I probably shouldn't have cared, but I started being more careful with profiles places such as yahoo, match.com, etc. However there are tons of gay dating sites that is highly unlikely someone would find, especially if you use a false name and don't put pics up. I myself do use pics because and have for years on these sites even at times that I wasn't completely out without issue, but it's up to you and what you're comfortable with. I do often use a last fake name, but that also has to do with potential for scammers and stalkers not just avoiding google.