Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I find a boyfriend in college? I'm sooooooo desperate.
MisterLonely Wrote:I mean... I would like to go, but it feels inconvenient when I have no classes that day. There needs to be convenience in my schedule, or else I won't have any motivation to go.

I also have to rely on my dad for transportation since idk how to drive yet. So, if he drove me to college on Mondays (which is the day of the LGBT club) he would probably get suspicious. So yeah, transportation is partly the reason for me not going as well.

Unless I can modify my schedule and get my driver's license, this wouldn't be a problem!

So it appears that one key to your independence and progress will be to get that driver's license and then the car to go with it, as soon as you possibly can, and as soon as it is legal.

Oh, and by the way, the surprise gift thing can also work with girls, but make sure they don't get the wrong idea... or else you'll have to clear the air.

MisterLonely Wrote:I went to a video game club once, but everyone was sorta just doing their own thing. A bunch of guys were on their laptop playing Starcraft, and some other kids playing Pokemon together, while I was left hanging by myself waiting for others to talk to me. God, so freaking awkward. Like... I was expecting to make some new friends but no one even introduced themselves to me. Maybe I should have made the first move, but still.

Speaking of which, I'm afraid the LGBT club (or any other clubs for that matter) might end up the same way, too, with no one talking to me. :/
When you are very shy, making that first step is really difficult. At some point you'll have to decide that you 'have a right to live' and 'have a right to be'... so you can just step up to people and just introduce yourself and start asking questions (not the awkward kind like 'are you gay', of course, but somethjing related to what the people are currently doing / playing. You could ask: what's the score ? Who's winning ? How do you do this ? Observation is key, I think.

MisterLonely, there is a common theme in the threads you have started here lately--you are waiting for life to happen to you without any effort on your part. You can't take a seat and wait for other to talk to you. You may need to initiate that yourself. You are afraid of being rejected and rejection is a possibility, but so is the possibility of making a friendship or more.
Even in the gay world, you are going to meet guys who are only interested in sex with a commitment.
YOu don't want that, so you will need to filter through those people. You are socially awkward because you have never given yourself a chance. Make the effort and you will eventually see results.

How about another option... are there any gay bars/nightclubs nearby you could ask if they have any weekend work? Even if it's just working a Friday or Saturday night? Best way to meet loads of gay guys, flirt and get paid. I did it when I was in my early 20s and it was basically a night out, just pulling pints and getting paid (and met two exes that way).

IanSaysHi Wrote:How about another option... are there any gay bars/nightclubs nearby you could ask if they have any weekend work? Even if it's just working a Friday or Saturday night? Best way to meet loads of gay guys, flirt and get paid. I did it when I was in my glasses early 20s and it was basically a night out, just pulling pints and getting paid (and met two exes that way).
Thanks for this useful suggestion, [MENTION=23058]IanSaysHi[/MENTION]. However, [MENTION=23932]MisterLonely[/MENTION] said he was still quite young, so the idea's a good one, but I still don't think he'd be allowed to work in a pub or bar at his age... So that's out of the question for the moment. I could suggest a tea room, but .... he might only meet old ladies.

Oh right, sorry, we can work in a bar at 18 over here.

IanSaysHi Wrote:Oh right, sorry, we can work in a bar at 18 over here.
No, I should be the sorry one, [MENTION=23058]IanSaysHi[/MENTION], your suggestion stands as he is 23, or so we are to believe from his profile. Someone else is just 17 turning 18 soon. I guess I had that profile in mind. You are right, then, Ian.

If you're not going to learn to drive you need to learn public transportation (trains & Buses). Join the GBLT group.

There are gay areas in many cities in the US with Gay bars. Chicago for instance has Boys Town.

If I were you I'd google gay bars near your area that you live. You might be surprised.

I've never been the shy type. While I can be quiet I have no problem with starting up a conversation with anyone. I find it's best to get people talking about themselves.

I was around age 24 when I went to my 1st gay bar. It was called Hunters out in the suburbs of Chicago. Place is gone now but I had some good times in there.

Pro-tip watch out for the scary old chicken hawks...

cough cough like myself cough cough
Use a condom.