Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I get into positive thinking?
I think thinking negatively becomes a habit, or a rutt you fall into. It becomes everyday life to a point where if it's not there, you begin to miss it. You become one of those battered house wives that think poor attention is better than no attention at all.

Hey, I had this problem of negative thinking, I was a complete pessimist, but Ive come to learn that the negative things in my life that have happened have only turned me into the man Ive become, and it has made me experience many things that have changed meSmile.
Another thing that I have done is everytime there was a problem, I would look at the bright side, even though with some things you may think that there may not be one, however you end up changing due to every negative thing that happens since it makes you react to it in a better way the next time. I have no idea if this makes any sense at all lol but good luck! Smile
Surrounding yourself with the right people also affects your thinking, you mentioned you are an introvert, this may withdraw you from communicating with people about your problems, if your communicating with people who give you negative feedback, then try to get advice from somewhere else Smile, I hope these comments are helping you.

Sorry - Peale wrote "TPOPT". Carnegie wrote his version - something like "How to Stop Worrying and Be Happy", but I wouldn't recommend that one here just because of Carnegie's premise. My apologies.

But please do share with us the things that you find that work for you!

Is it really that simple to just start thinking positively?

If that was the case we would Not need antidepressants or therapy !

Positive mindset really comes from doing positive things, or embracing them.

Please do not misunderstand this post. There are things you could do to enlighten you. But truly... Appositive mindset comes from a positive lifestyle.

Be kinder.
Be a better listener.
Be more helpful.
Be less selfish.
Let go of everything that is not positive!
Be a better human being.

This might be controversial but I feel sometimes it is innate because I have been a pessimist ever since I could learn to talk, despite having a positive and encouraging family for the most part. I never could become positive and have just accepted it now. Not saying this is true for everyone but sometimes things can be very deeply embedded into who we are

supasyd Wrote:This might be controversial but I feel sometimes it is innate because I have been a pessimist ever since I could learn to talk, despite having a positive and encouraging family for the most part. I never could become positive and have just accepted it now. Not saying this is true for everyone but sometimes things can be very deeply embedded into who we are
That in itself is negativity... Isn't that like saying a negative person is who I am?