Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I get this guy to talk to me???
So a couple nights ago I went to a party with some old friends. We all celebrated the fact it was the last night of our senior year high school Spring Break and what not. Had a few drinks and had a blast. One of my crushes who I've had a crush on for a while was there. We took a few shots together and he offered me a beer and what not. We ended up going outside to go pee because people were using the bathroom constantly and he was like lets go outside and pee AJ. So whatever yeah we pee and all of that stuff and all of the sudden he pulls me to the side where nobody can see us and we just started making out. He's one of those typical athletic straight guys who's actually had a thing with a few of my friends who were girls and even though I did have a crush on him we really didn't get along and never actually talked like we did until that night. We made out for like a minute and told him that it would be suspicious if we were out here for too long, so I kissed him on the lips real quick and told him I'd keep this all a secret. We walked back inside and acted like nothing had happened. Nobody had assumed anything, even though for the rest of the night I was completely shocked and just didn't know what to do. I ended up telling a few of my really close friends that I know wouldn't go around telling my business to random people, but I really want something to actually happen. My deal is, I'm not that kind of guy that just goes for guys, I want them to go for me. Sadly, I'm not quite sure how to get him to talk to me. He followed me on Twitter the next day and favorited a couple of my tweets, but I just want him to invite me over to his place or somewhere and just hang out and you know... hahahahah. I just need help with how to get it out there to him that I want him to talk to me without actually saying it. PLEASE HELP!

Difficult issue there.

If you are seniors in high school, you might just need to wait until you both have graduated...then he wont feel he has to "hide" from the rest of the school. Once both of you are out of school, you can try and go forward with this to see where it goes.

Until then, just be friends and "catch a kiss" when you can!

Butter

Hello, AJ, and Welcome to GaySpeak... My suggestion would be that you take the bull by the horns (literally??? Wink) and just do the inviting, or push your way into his house... Why not just drop by. Have some excuse like something to give him or show him. Or maybe you could need a little help with something that you know he'll master but that you don't quite have the hang of... ahem... you don't need too much of an excuse to go and see him again. Now he may have been completely pissed the other day and not remember that he kissed you, so don't go expecting too much from him. But, on the other hand, he may also just be playing the straight game for people to leave him alone and not suspect that he is in fact gay. I don't know. Only he can tell you how he truly feels. It seems to me that a one-minute kiss is quite long for someone who didn't really intend to do it. But who was counting? Are you sure you didn't just feel that time stood still while he was gently (or roughly) making your most secret of dreams come true?

For him, kissing you may just have been like a personal dare... he knew you would not snitch so he felt it was safe enough and not a threat to his virility. Oh well, you may have to put that one down to experience and move on...but maybe not, if YOU have the balls to call him out on it. Still, do so discreetly. You have no interest in making him your worst enemy.

wouldn't showing up to his house randomly be really creepy? I'm pretty sure if somebody I made out with came over to my house I'd be hella creeped out.. I already said I'm not going to initiate it because whenever I do it doesn't become fun and I get sick the person and want nothing to do with them anymore.

Sometimes we have to step outside of our comfort zone to get what we want. I understand that you want him to "chase" you, but what do you want more: for him to chase you (knowing it may never happen) or to put yourself out there for a moment, tell him how you feel, and potentially have him in the way that you want?

Try asking him around instead. If he declines then don't think too harshly of it, maybe he's not ready to be fully open about things and was testing the water.

love is in the air..... everywhere i look around ....

sooo this athletic hotshot took you outside, pulled you over and kissed you, and now *you* want him to chase you... never mind the fact that he is for all intents and purposes straight and you are gay.

AND he gave you some positive signs in TWITTER as well....

so my friend i think your best shot at this guy is to come down from your white stallion and offer him some indication that you liked what happened between the two of you.

it might be one of those little games where each will take turns to produce little hints that they dig each other throughout several days. or not.

what i do not recommend you to do is:

1. do nothing.

2. declare your unconditional love for him at his doorstep whilst mariachis witness singing their latest romantic tune next to you.

AJ --

I suggest something in between Aeneas' extremes. I get that you want him to chase you, but it sounds like you could miss out on anything more with him if you just wait. If he followed you on twitter the day after making out with you at the party, you know he's interested.

Why not send him a private message letting him know you plan to be somewhere specific after school or some evening. Pick somewhere you aren't likely to see any other friends. Hopefully he will take the hint, show up at the same place, and suggest what happens next.

If you enjoyed making out with him and want more, you might have to put out a little effort at least.

I think you should watch the movie 'Get Real' about a gay guy who has a crush on the jock and stuff happens, but not the right stuff.

My personal opinion, if you persue this I believe with my gut instinct that you are going to end up getting hurt. What happened, happened and I think that is the end of that story. Your Mr Right is still waiting for you, and you won't ever have to tell him 'It is our secret' after you kiss him Wink