Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I seem to be single while everyone else finds it so easy?
I was thinking similar things last month. I've found that going to events and things I am actually interested in helps. If you go to a bar and you're not feeling it, just leave. That's my favorite thing to do, and I always immediately end up where I'm supposed to be when I'm honest with myself. Oh, and I find that daytime activities are actually a better place to meet people. In the nighttime there's a hunt mood. People are expecting things, looking for what they think they want. In the daytime, It's nothing to strike up a conversation and propose a brunch or lunch or something.

As far as all that smiling stuff, eh. You can. That's to me all these people that say their "chill and sane". Lies.
Do what you do.

I'd say just don't expect things of people, from people, or about people. I'm the type that kind of imagines an entire narrative of someone's life without really knowing them. It's fun, but it's also counterproductive. People are complex. But know what you want. If you don't like to do something, or how someone is acting you don't have to let them do whatever just to keep them around. Give other people what you want from them, but don't take crap and give them gold.

Be aggressive. Be forward. Don't let rejection slow you down. Join groups (bowling, dancing, painting, hiking, photography...) - you're probably not going to find Mr. Right in a bar or on a hookup app.

Network. He'll probably be a friend of a friend, or a relative of a friend.

It's a numbers game. For every 50 frogs, 1 will be a prince.

Borg69 Wrote:Be aggressive. Be forward. Don't let rejection slow you down. Join groups (bowling, dancing, painting, hiking, photography...) - you're probably not going to find Mr. Right in a bar or on a hookup app.

Network. He'll probably be a friend of a friend, or a relative of a friend.

It's a numbers game. For every 50 frogs, 1 will be a prince.

wow! i'd be glad if I can even meet 50 frogs to score a 2% to find a prince! :p

the odds are definitely NOT in my favor. :'(

(hint...sarcasm)