Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I tell someone I DON'T want sex?
So, great news! Kind of! I joined a gay cellphone text chatroom (can't really explain it) and it's really active! I only found out about it about a week ago and I was so surprised and happy and excited until I realized that all people were doing were exchanging numbers and having sex and they were all older than me. However, I did meet this other 18 year old and we talked and we have a lot in common but when I called he kept pointing the conversation... in that direction. I don't really wanna have sex, all I want is someone I can relate to that's my age! I feel like if I tell him I don't want that he might stop talking to me though.

I think I know what your responses are going to be lol but I'm just so happy to have found what I was looking for! Minus the sex need.

My first instinct is to tell you to tell him what you told us, but I don't know how simple that would be. I would imagine yours is quite a small community? Would word get round that you are a timewaster if it goes wrong? It is, of course, quite possible that he might also come to see there is some value in having a friend, who's in the same boat as he is.

As far as I know, it is a really small community and what they're mostly out for is sex, it's a bit sickening.

Yeah, I figured I answered my own question... I'll tell him tonight! Hopefully all goes well and he doesn't go into some desperate for sex frenzy.

TuxSky Wrote:I'll tell him tonight! Hopefully all goes well and he doesn't go into some desperate for sex frenzy.

Desperate sex frenzy? Why do i think such a thing would have the Benny Hill theme music playing in background.

Being on an Island with a very small gay community there must a strong pressure on members to have sex. With very limited choice of sexual partners, the desire for fresh meat would be too strong to ignore. If you are looking for a longer relationship with someone, this is not the way to find him. When these guys find out you are not intereted in sex, many will dissapear quickly. This will leave you alone again and very unhappy. The ones which do stay are the few who might becomes friends, which in turn might lead to a relationship.

Sorry to be negative m8, but thats how I look at it. Hope I'm wrong and you find the person you want. Good luck with your search.

Be careful tho. Whatever it is, be safe. Carry condom with you if you have to meet him in person even just for chatting or movie. You never know.

Okay, so he tried to not take it lightly but I could tell that he's lost interest in me. *sigh* Oh well!

Ryhunt86 Wrote:Desperate sex frenzy? Why do i think such a thing would have the Benny Hill theme music playing in background.

Oddly, Benny Hill is something I think about when I want to loose an errection.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

i think i have to agree with Rychard the lionhearts comments, i dont think your gonna find your soul mate on a chat line with guys just askin for sex, and as you said already - the guys seems to have lost interest since you explained your position to him. Wish i could wave a magic wand and give you a solution but i cant, the more people who know your gay though will improve ur chances .....maybe you could let a wider group of people know ur gay in your age group if its safe to do - good luck any way

Reading this makes me think you would be wise to consider moving away, yet I know that things will only change if you stay and fight for it. It is a tragedy and a loss to your country that so many people are rejected and marginalised. I was actually looking for any sign of support for gay youth in T&T, but I guess there isn't any except what you make for yourself.

How do you stay so cheerful?